Elite 130 Itx Gaming Build

eatsomebacon

Hey thought I´d make a post about my latest (and first) pc build. I went with a mini Itx build, because I have limited space in my room, and I needed something I could put on my desk.

Specs:

Motherboard: Asus Z87I-pro

CPU: Intel Core I5 4670K

Ram: ADATA XPG 1600 mHz 8 Gb Stick (single stick so if i need more memory i don´t have to replace any)

GPU: XFX Radeon R9 280X (went with XFX because all other vendors are sold out, because of coin mining)

HDD: Seagate 1TB Desktop SSHD

SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 128 Gb

PSU: Corsair CS650M 80 Plus Gold

CPU cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120m

Front Radiator fan: Noctua NF-F12 PWM

Side fan: Noctua NF-S12A PWM

Case: Cooler Master Elite 130

Btw there is something wrong with my camera lens so i had to use manual focus, so some of the photos aren´t perfectly focused.

dC6ESu0.jpg

AVoBmy6.jpg

yrWSmGL.jpg

From the outside

D3hXj4Q.jpg

ZkI1WLY.jpg

PcA6ZRZ.jpg

it was a real hell getting both the hard drive and the side-mounted fan in here, but I got it in the end. I could have mounted the hard drive in the 5.25 inch bay but I wasn´t comfortable with that because a lot of hot air gets exhausted there.

vHcbQPh.jpg

41Ky8BL.jpg

a glimpse of the hard drive

jEpuNUX.jpg

you will notice I have removed the side 80mm fan, that´s because the daughterboard of the Z87I blocks it so that it actually keeps more hot air inside more than what it is dissipating.

LonGyzM.jpg

eAlR1dO.jpg

Cooler Master actually recommends having the psu fan facing down if you have watercooling, because of the limited airflow around the motherboard. I tried it but switched to having it facing up instead, because it was getting hot enough to cook eggs on. Also with my side 120mm fan I think I have plenty of airflow.

Cpd36Sb.jpg

SIbcmrT.jpg

Py9S7yB.jpg

All in all i´m really happy with it, the water pump could be quieter, but i don´t have any other complaints. Right now I got my CPU overclocked to 4.4 GHz I did get it to 4.6 with stock voltage but I feel more comfortable with a little lower of an overclock. Also at 4.6 I could not get a native cache ratio but I can with 4.4.

Also I am using a Dell U2212HM monitor (I like IPS), a Steelseries 6GV2 keyboard, a Steelseries Siberia V2 headset and a Gigabyte GM-M6880 Laser mouse (got it for cheap on amazon) with a Steelseries Qck mouse pad.

I think that was all thanks for reading, also i could use a cool name for it.

-Joakim Andersen

you have done excellent job with the build 

Manners Maketh Man

DAM! that XFX card looks sick! 

I sometimes use the pen from my wacom tablet to type cuz i'm too lazy to set it down :P

That DoubleD is so beautiful. One of the 3 CM cases I don't hate :)

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

Nice build!

|OscillosC Build|+ Raspberry Pi [NAS] + Another G5 + Personal + HTPC: Asus Z87-A - Intel Core i5 4670K @ 4.5ghz 1.15v - Noctua NH-D14 - Gigabyte Radeon HD7870 OC @ 1170mhz core- Kingston HyperX 8gb 1600mhz CL9 - Samsung 840 PRO 128Gb SSD for Windows- Kingston V300 120gb for Ubuntu- WD Caviar Black 1Tb For games and programs - WD Caviar Green 2Tb For videos, photos, music, and backups- Seasonic P660 XP2 Platinum - Windows 8.1 PRO - Ubuntu 14.04 - Modded Bitfenix Ghost

Nice job with the cables, well picked fans, neat photos!
But just one thing, could you like, please wipe the outer of your graphics card, you could use micro-fiber cloth :)

I know your mailbox...

• 4 months later...

Very nice build :)

I am looking into making a multipurpose home server + Shield streaming rig to be powered on 24/7, and your Elite 130 further inspired me to do this :)

|  Athlon 750K   |   EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW  |  Acer Aspire E15 - i5 6200u, 940M  |

|  Sennheiser HD 518   |   FiiO E10K DAC and Amp  |

Moto G (1st Gen)