Swapped cases and PSU, PC won't turn on.

OddlyShapedTree
Go to solution Solved by OddlyShapedTree,

Alright so after a closer look it was the 24pin. I did the cabling again and it works like a charm. Thanks for all the help guys make sure to check out my build log to see all the sessyness.

Hello everybody I am swapping all my hardware to a new case, and also switching my PSU. I put everything together and when I try to turn the system on the PSU sounds like it is trying to get power to the other components but it doesn't last longer then a second. Now I did do some custom sleeving on the cables but I tried using cables that were still in the original form and got the same issue. Also when I jump the PSU the fans spin and the LEDs turn on so I don't think it is the PSU. I don't know if it is my GPU but I tried two different ones that worked last time I used them and the fans just flat out don't spin on both. 
Could it be my motherboard? I have been using this mobo for a while with no problems. Though when the system is plugged in and I jossle around the 24 pin it flickers on and off, but I don't know if the GPU is geting any power since it doesn't last more than a second. Also I can only try and use the power button once and get a result, after the first time, which ends in failure, I have to turn the PSU on and off to get any other response. 

Thank you for oyur help in advance I am very busy lately so please reply and I will read everything on this thread when I can. 

for those that TL;DR

i swapped my Case and PSU but now my PC won't turn on It might be my mobo but it would mean it died when I was building it.

P.S. I live in south florida so the humidity kills any static electricity, also building on wood and tile while barefoot. 

-Corsair 750D - MSI Mpower Z77 - 3570k @ 4.21 -Corsair H60- 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 Mhz- Corsair RM850 - MSI 780 Lightning -256GB SSD- 2 1TB HDDs - LG 23' Flatron - Razer Death Adder - Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Blue - Logitech z506 5.1-

Project - Bloody Lightning

Check all cables are connected properly would be my first suggestion.

System: 5930K, MSI X99 SLI PLUS, GTX 780Ti (SLI),  840 EVO, Fractal R4 (Full Custom Loop)  (IP)

Media Server/Perm Folder: i3 4130, CX500, 4 X WD Red 1TB, 60GB Adata SSD for boot, Node 304, ASrock Z87-E ITX, 8GB Kingston Value Ram

Try old PSU to see of board powers up at least. 

Main Rig: White Lightning  = -Intel Core i7 3770 (4.1Ghz)-Zalman CNPS12X-MSI Z77A-G45-16GB G2 Patriot-MSI GTX 660TI OC PE-Corsair 650W-Corsair 600t White-

Laptop: MSI GT60 = -Intel Core i7 4700MQ-MSI GTX 770M-

Peripherals: Corsair K90-Corsair M90- Corsair 2100-CM Storm Quickfire TK (Green Switch)-Logitech G700

You may have to pull it apart and only have mobo, cpu and 1 ram stick connected. And then see if it posts.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

Sounds like something isn't connected properly to me...

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

Check all cables are connected properly would be my first suggestion.

I did, I've done this before so I don't think it is that but I did that.

Sounds like something isn't connected properly to me...

That's what I am thinking but I don't know what it is. 

Try old PSU to see of board powers up at least. 

You may have to pull it apart and only have mobo, cpu and 1 ram stick connected. And then see if it posts.

I'm going to try that tomorrow morning and let you guys know of the results

-Corsair 750D - MSI Mpower Z77 - 3570k @ 4.21 -Corsair H60- 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 Mhz- Corsair RM850 - MSI 780 Lightning -256GB SSD- 2 1TB HDDs - LG 23' Flatron - Razer Death Adder - Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Blue - Logitech z506 5.1-

I swapped the PSU and it posted. Maybe I placed one of the connector pins in the wrong place when I was sleeving the cables? Is there a set diagram for how they should go. The PSU is a Corsair RM 850.

Ok so I Put the new PSU back in and had the same issue. I don't think the actual PSU is broken because I am able to jump it. I think it is the 24 pin connector I may have done something I shouldn't have while sleeving it. I don't have a spare one but I am I will order one today and see. Sigh

make sure you are using the CPU connector on the cable and not a PCI-e cable, I have made this mistake before. You can always try Corsair support, they are the best support I have ever delt with, They might give you a new pwersupply and if a cable is bad, they will send you one for free. They are very nice.

make sure you are using the CPU connector on the cable and not a PCI-e cable, I have made this mistake before. You can always try Corsair support, they are the best support I have ever delt with, They might give you a new pwersupply and if a cable is bad, they will send you one for free. They are very nice.

I didn't make that mistake. I am going to call them after school.

Other than that new theory. I can jump the PSU and the Mobo posted with the other PSU. I must have gotten the pinout wrong while sleeving it. I tried re doing the pinout and now the system doesn't even try to turn on. I can't seem to find a diagram for the RM 850's pinout. http://www.overclock.net/t/1420796/repository-of-power-supply-pin-outs The one here is the 750 and I followed that one and got no results. Can anyone help me find a diagram of the pinout? This might be the solution to my problem.

I didn't make that mistake. I am going to call them after school.

Other than that new theory. I can jump the PSU and the Mobo posted with the other PSU. I must have gotten the pinout wrong while sleeving it. I tried re doing the pinout and now the system doesn't even try to turn on. I can't seem to find a diagram for the RM 850's pinout. http://www.overclock.net/t/1420796/repository-of-power-supply-pin-outs The one here is the 750 and I followed that one and got no results. Can anyone help me find a diagram of the pinout? This might be the solution to my problem.

I wouldn't call them, I would use chat, but if you don't have a working computer, that might be a little difficult.

I wouldn't call them, I would use chat, but if you don't have a working computer, that might be a little difficult.

I can get to a PC it's no problem. I'll post again when I have updates.

Apparently all RM series PSU's have the same wiring. But When I tried t o follow the diagram for the RM750 it didn't do anything. I am going to check it again when I get home. It's odd because I can still jump it. 

Alright so after a closer look it was the 24pin. I did the cabling again and it works like a charm. Thanks for all the help guys make sure to check out my build log to see all the sessyness.