Rendering station

ilyas001

Hi guys 

A friend of mine use to mine bitcoin . But since he stopped it because he didn't see it much profitable anymore. He have like 20 gtx 1080's laying around . I thought of using them as a resenting service . Like we render 3ds max . Or animations faster and we get rewarded for that.  My questions are how . Are there websites for that ? . What softwares do I need ? . What internet connection speed is needed.... . Thanks guys . I really appreciate that  .

There are indeed 3D rendering services that exist, where one can pay to have an architectural project, animated flythroughs, etc rendered.

The customers and people that are paying for these services have certain expectations about the turnaround time and ease of access to the service that you would be providing them.

Given that you're currently at the stage of "we have some cards laying around" and asking what programs are even used, I would suggest  selling the cards and calling it a day. 

If you are really determined to make this work, I would suggest taking classes in 3D art and visualisation. They will give you the best feel for what platforms and applications are best used for different scenarios and what the project pipeline looks like from obtaining clients as a freelance artist to delivering the completed project.