no full dynamic option in nvidia control panel ??

sohail14

im using dvi cable i dont see this option on my nvidia control panel . so when i use displayport cable it will show why this happening on dvi cable ??

4 minutes ago, rookie_eyes said:

Erm You able to provide a screen shot?

im sorry my mistake it will show only when i using display port , not show on dvi cable

awera.PNG

Hmmmmm I'd need to test that myself, but check a different cable, and there's always a reseat

14 minutes ago, sohail14 said:

im using dvi cable i dont see this option on my nvidia control panel . so when i use dvi cable it will show why this happening on dvi cable ??

The option is not there when connected via DVI and it defaults to full dynamic range so youre fine as long as your monitor is set to full.

The option is only there for stupid connectors like DisplayPort and HDMI whose standards are incompetently written.

I am one of those guys who complained to Nvidia to add that toggle, which they finally did after years of people having to hack their drivers.

But they still default to RGB 16-235 on HDMI and most people probably never fix it. I would guess more than half this forum has the color space mismatch and doesnt even know it?

2 minutes ago, Amazonsucks said:

The option is not there when connected via DVI and it defaults to full dynamic range so youre fine as long as your monitor is set to full.

The option is only there for stupid connectors like DisplayPort and HDMI whose standards are incompetently written.

I am one of those guys who complained to Nvidia to add that toggle, which they finally did after years of people having to hack their drivers.

But they still default to RGB 16-235 on HDMI and most people probably never fix it. I would guess more than half this forum has the color space mismatch and doesnt even know it?

so dvi is best for quality ??

3 minutes ago, sohail14 said:

Unless you've got an HDMI or display port then sure

1 minute ago, rookie_eyes said:

Unless you've got an HDMI or display port then sure

there are many dvi cables are there which is best or all are same quality

12 minutes ago, sohail14 said:

Not for quality. Theyre all identical for carrying a digital signal, and some HDMI and DP versions support higher refresh rates and resolutions than DVI.

However, when you plug a "TV resolution" 720p, 1080p, some "4K" monitors in via HDMI or DP, the standards are written(stupidly) to assume youre using a TV and not a monitor.

TVs use a different colour space than monitors: RGB 16-235 for TVs and RGB 0-255 for monitors.

If you use the wrong colour space youll NEVER have proper colour. Some people dont realize that their colpur spaces are mismatched and just try to calibrate around it.

So if i have a GPU outputting RGB 16-235 to a monitor set to full range(RGB 0-255) black will look gray and washed out. Calibration CANNOT fix this because its getting the wrong value for every colour.

The only way to fix it is to set the monitor and GPU to the same colour space. Preferably RGB 0-255, though setting both to RGB 16-235 is what people with HDMI had to do for years before nvidia added the toggle. AMD and Intel had a toggle for years.

The other thing is, if youre using a TV as a monitor and the TV doesnt support RGB 0-255 youll need to use the TV colour space of RGB 16-235.

Now, it can be confusing because some monitors and TVs label this entire thing as a setting called "HDMI black level" and low can mean 0-255 or normal can mean 0-255 depending on how the manufacturer decided to label their menu...

3 minutes ago, rookie_eyes said:

image.png.09de0e26cf9e8f4b2f59262abc4a02d7.pngThe Second or 4th option

7 minutes ago, rookie_eyes said:

image.png.09de0e26cf9e8f4b2f59262abc4a02d7.pngThe Second or 4th option

None of this has anything to do with quality. They are for carrying different types of signals.

The only one where quality could vary is the DVI analog.

2 minutes ago, Amazonsucks said:

None of this has anything to do with quality. They are for carrying different types of signals.

thank you for your information