PWM fan & Intel s5520hc motherboard

Gomo

Hello guys,

does anyone know how to control PWM fans with "Intel S5520HC" motherboard? Motherboard itself has 3x 4pin PWM headers, 2 for CPU's and one for system fan and also 4x additional 6pin fan headers (Motherboard Documentation - page 16). SpeedFan is only reading out 2 CPU fans (which are currently connected via a resistor, because otherwise they run on 100%) and it can't overwrite the motherboards PWM signal to them..

image.png.6c0a5b2acf423bd61c359365ebb7bd1d.png     

image.png.e8804f88da4e68f34580793746570770.png

I've updated the BIOS & other motherboard firmware, sadly with no improvements.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRuYYlfZFzk_pup5cRfxcO

BIOS fan settings are not that "great" .. I've played with almost every possible combination but nothing seemed to change the fan speed. The "PWM Offset" setting sounds promising at first glance, but it's only for increasing the signal frequency - making things worse in this case.

I know that there are third party PWM generators / controllers, but I'd like to keep it "tidy".

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Well, if we are specific, manual doesn't specify are headers PWM or not. But lets assume they are. Speedfan is developed by single person with limited resources. So what you are seeing is result of that. Your board, or controller it uses, is not supported. There's another software (paid) called Argus Monitor which might have better support.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

18 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Well, if we are specific, manual doesn't specify are headers PWM or not.

Not sure what you mean about "manual" there.

Just tested the Argus Monitor, unfortunately my motherboard isn't supported.

5 minutes ago, Gomo said:

Not sure what you mean about "manual" there.

Just tested the Argus Monitor, unfortunately my motherboard isn't supported.

Manual = Motherboard documentation. Which doesn't specify header pin order (I googled how 6pins are). Meaning that if it wasn't server board, we couldn't say for sure that system fan even is PWM. I mean we can't really now either, only trust that its higher demand on server side as it was on consumer side until lately.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

23 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Manual = Motherboard documentation. Which doesn't specify header pin order (I googled how 6pins are). Meaning that if it wasn't server board, we couldn't say for sure that system fan even is PWM. I mean we can't really now either, only trust that its higher demand on server side as it was on consumer side until lately.

6 pin ones can be ignored, I'm not using them anyways.. Was talking about the 3x 4 pin standard PWM headers on which CPU fans are connected (and those are 100% pwm).