Do I have freesync and is it worth it?

I recently got an Acer XZ350CU (https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009847) and I barely saw a difference in game with 200 hz and I was usually hitting about 120-150 fps with a gtx 1050 ti. I was thinking of upgrading to an amd rx 580 for the freesync. However, It says it has adaptive sync and 144 hz but on the monitor settings, I cant find anyhting about adaptive sync or free sync. Also, on the website, it says it has 144 hz but the monitor says it has 200 hz so does anyone know why that's happening? Is freesync even worth upgrading to or have a bigger impact than a high refresh rate? Also is adaptive sync the same thing as free sync?

It says free sync in the title, so yeah it has freesync. I don’t see anything about 200 Hz though. Maybe you can point that out? Also, no, adaptive sync is not as noticeable as high refresh rate. If you upgrade to a 580, I would get it because you need/want the GPU power, not solely for freesync. If you average 120+ then I wouldn’t worry about it. Adaptive sync only does something when you’re well below the monitors refresh rate.

Also, adaptive sync is the building blocks of what free sync and g-sync are built off. It’s not the same thing.

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

40 minutes ago, Cereal5 said:

It says free sync in the title, so yeah it has freesync. I don’t see anything about 200 Hz though. Maybe you can point that out? Also, no, adaptive sync is not as noticeable as high refresh rate. If you upgrade to a 580, I would get it because you need/want the GPU power, not solely for freesync. If you average 120+ then I wouldn’t worry about it. Adaptive sync only does something when you’re well below the monitors refresh rate.

Also, adaptive sync is the building blocks of what free sync and g-sync are built off. It’s not the same thing.

Sometimes I do see a lot of tearing even at 60 fps, would freesync help there even though that is kinda high?

2 minutes ago, liam807 said:

Sometimes I do see a lot of tearing even at 60 fps, would freesync help there even though that is kinda high?

Yes. It will eliminate tearing(within a range though).

Are you playing without V-Sync?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

2 minutes ago, liam807 said:

V-Sync will fix that.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

16 hours ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Yes. It will eliminate tearing(within a range though).

Are you playing without V-Sync?

16 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

V-Sync will fix that.

I try not to play with V sync as I heard it hinders performance and adds input lag.

6 hours ago, liam807 said:

I try not to play with V sync as I heard it hinders performance and adds input lag.

It increases it by an imperceptible amount. Anyone who says they can tell is just experiencing a placebo effect. If you were in a tournament where every improvement gives you an edge (perceptible or not) then you'd play with it off, but you'd also have a high refresh rate monitor that didn't give you tearing.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440