New Laptop?

1 minute ago, jonrosalia said:

what about the MSI 15.6 E63VR RAIDER-213 with the 1070?

The only issue I have with msi laptops is that just trying them out, I don't like the keyboard and that's something I prefer to enjoy over performance (although that's not a sacrifice you see often)

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4, 2x8gb DDR4

Storage: 1tb nvme ssd

GPU: gtx 3080

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: ducky one I | I SF

Mouse: gpro wireless | glorious model o2 wireless

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

4 hours ago, jonrosalia said:

what about the MSI 15.6 GE63VR RAIDER-213 with the 1070?

MSI laptops are great, but he is looking for a high build quality thin and light. MSI just doesn't make them any thinner or sturdier than their GS65 Series.

10 hours ago, hconverse02 said:

what makes the 2018 one bad

Same issues as before

8 hours ago, Bustapalapeno said:

I would get the Razer Zepherus M. It is built very well, has good cooling, is small enough to use in a lap, and Asus has good customer service.

The Gigabyte Aero 15X and MSI are cheaper, but don’t have as good customer service as Asus.

It's called Asus Zephyrus M. It has its own issues too like lack of thermal pads on VRM, bad 'chewing gum' paste and terrible customer service

Zepherus S has better cooling

No, it isn't

6 hours ago, hconverse02 said:

My options seem to be the aero 15x, the asus zephyrus, the msi gs65, and maybe a few others

If you want 6 hrs battery life, Aero 15X. However it requires undervolt+LM paste

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

26 minutes ago, Bustapalapeno said:

MSI laptops are great, but he is looking for a high build quality thin and light. MSI just doesn't make them any thinner or sturdier than their GS65 Series.

You're keep giving false information. GS65 isn't sturdy

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

40 minutes ago, GeneXiS_X said:

You're keep giving false information. GS65 isn't sturdy

I meant relative to their other laptops. It’s no MacBook, but it’s still pretty well built. Treat it like an $1800 machine and you’ll be happy with it. I did mean to say Asus Zepherus M. My bad

Actually Macbook doesn't have good build quality. The chassis breaks easily (not sure it's still an issue in newer models), cheap components in mobo, keyboard breaks easily (not in new models)

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

6 hours ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Actually Macbook doesn't have good build quality. The chassis breaks easily (not sure it's still an issue in newer models), cheap components in mobo, keyboard breaks easily (not in new models)

You're right, because my mac is kinda falling apart, but it hasn't slowed down and still feels great to open up and get right to work on. That doesn't mean it has a lack of issues, because there are many structural problems, but I enjoy typing and the user experience, so I think that's what @Bustapalapeno meant by sturdy.  What are your opinions on the gigabyte aero 15x because I would rather have a sleek experience than a pure gaming performance one and it still has a 1070 max-q, but I would need to get dual channel ram at some point for it

My current rig:

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

1 hour ago, hconverse02 said:

gigabyte aero 15x

Only major issue is thermals. Need to buy from resellers that offers LM paste. Must undervolt

Minor issues: Potential QC issues - more info in notebookreview user lounge

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Only major issue is thermals. Need to buy from resellers that offers LM paste. Must undervolt

Minor issues: Potential QC issues - more info in notebookreview user lounge

I think its between these two (aero 15x and zephyrus m), but I'm leaning toward the aero 15x because it seems more comfortable to use on a daily basis and sleeker, but still performs really well. I don't mind undervolting and I will fresh install and get everything clean before I use it.  Also I know I'm going to have to get 32gb if I get the aero 15x because I really would rather dual channel ram, so I could either get a 32gb version or just the base model + a 16gb stick

My current rig:

3 minutes ago, hconverse02 said:

I could either get a 32gb version or just the base model + a 16gb stick

If you want to ensure 100% dual channel, 32GB. Otherwise get the 16GB variant and find a 16GB stick to match it - frequency, timings, 1 or 2 sided

In short:

Aero 15X - one of the best battery life in 1060/1070MQ thin and light, colour calibrated Pantone display, lighter

Zephyrus M - better thermals, keyboard, audio

Both will have potential QC issues so bear in mind

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

9 hours ago, GeneXiS_X said:

If you want to ensure 100% dual channel, 32GB. Otherwise get the 16GB variant and find a 16GB stick to match it - frequency, timings, 1 or 2 sided

In short:

Aero 15X - one of the best battery life in 1060/1070MQ thin and light, colour calibrated Pantone display, lighter

Zephyrus M - better thermals, keyboard, audio

Both will have potential QC issues so bear in mind

Is there any laptop that doesn't have QC issues, except for your precious Dells? Also I don't know what yall are talking about with Macbook Pro's having shit components. They keyboard design is a mistake, but aside from that those are really high quality computers. 

1 hour ago, Bustapalapeno said:

Is there any laptop that doesn't have QC issues, except for your precious Dells? Also I don't know what yall are talking about with Macbook Pro's having shit components. They keyboard design is a mistake, but aside from that those are really high quality computers. 

I just mean some things are likely/common to break on it, but they are really long lasting durable systems 

My current rig:

alienware is nice and sturdy if it works it just works and if you don't like how it looks there are skins for it that can cover the alien face.

and I think all laptops that came out needs repasting cause people who put them just smudges them all over the cpu and gpu.

3 hours ago, Bustapalapeno said:

doesn't have QC issues

No, even for mobile workstations which have highest QC

3 hours ago, Bustapalapeno said:

Also I don't know what yall are talking about with Macbook Pro's having shit components

See Louis Rossmann videos.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler