Samsung or BenQ Monitor

Thepreek

Hey,

I do vidéo editing and some gaming,

I'm on a 5 year old 1080p monitor and I wanna swap to a 4k one

whit the black friday sales I could go for the BenQ EL2870U (280€) or the Samsung U28E590D(250€).

What should I go for ? I looked on line they both seemed similar whit the Samsung having a better brightness rate ~70 more compared to the 300 of the BenQ

Any suggestions, keeping in mind that I'm trying to save to buy HitFilm PRO a software for editing

Both monitors are TN panels, so keep in mind the colors will not be too vibrant and not too bright.

If I had to choose I would recommend the BenQ monitor because you're saving some money and the brightness won't make too much of a difference...

Just keep in mind neither of these panels will have great color accuracy, but the Samsung will have slightly better color accuracy out of the box if that's what you need...

(GREAT choice of video editor by the way... I have hitfilm 4 pro and it is FANTASTIC)

10 minutes ago, DevinTheGreat said:

Both monitors are TN panels, so keep in mind the colors will not be too vibrant and not too bright.

If I had to choose I would recommend the BenQ monitor because you're saving some money and the brightness won't make too much of a difference...

Just keep in mind neither of these panels will have great color accuracy, but the Samsung will have slightly better color accuracy out of the box if that's what you need...

(GREAT choice of video editor by the way... I have hitfilm 4 pro and it is FANTASTIC)

Thanks for replying,

What would you recommend for a better color accuracy? a IPS, OLED, QLED, LED I don t really get it, i don't want it t be too expensive, and don't want to sacrifice the overall experience and i also want it to be descent for games.

I looked it up, if i get this right the best choice would be a IPS panel but some have issues :

" Some IPS monitors suffer from quality control issues though and most IPS display shave a telltale “glow” when displaying dark images."

The site said that IPS panel are more expensive but I find a offer for the Philips 27" LED - 276E8VJSB for 218,41€ whit shipping so cheapet than the TN panels !

What do i do ^^