q300l fans - SW3 vs A14

gordinho
Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,
Just now, gordinho said:

Thanks so much, completely overlooked the rear was 120mm... since the fans in the front will be behind mesh, should I be looking at p14 instead of the a14? 

The NF-P14 is smoother in tone than the NF-A14. Asides from that, the NF-A14 is a slight upgrade across the board over the NF-P14. 

They're both excellent and the NF-P14 is the better buy if it's significantly cheaper. Keep in mind that the NF-P14S has a square frame which can be easier to move to a future system over the NF-P14 with a round frame and 120mm mounts. 

I am thinking of adding at least one front fan and replacing the noisier back fan on the q300l. I only have a 8400 and a zotac 1070 mini to cool. Given they are the same price, is there a reason I should pick SW3 over the A14 or vice versa? If I add a 140mm to the front, should I replace the back one with 140 or 120?

Not really. It's about personal preference mostly. One is black, other is brown.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

The rear fan mount is 120mm and doesn't support 140mm. 

SW3 is quieter with a shorter 3 year warranty compared to the NF-A14's 6 years. 

For rear exhaust, it's hard to beat a NF-S12A. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

On 11/23/2018 at 7:02 PM, WoodenMarker said:

The rear fan mount is 120mm and doesn't support 140mm. 

SW3 is quieter with a shorter 3 year warranty compared to the NF-A14's 6 years. 

For rear exhaust, it's hard to beat a NF-S12A. 

Thanks so much, completely overlooked the rear was 120mm... since the fans in the front will be behind mesh, should I be looking at p14 instead of the a14? 

Just now, gordinho said:

The NF-P14 is smoother in tone than the NF-A14. Asides from that, the NF-A14 is a slight upgrade across the board over the NF-P14. 

They're both excellent and the NF-P14 is the better buy if it's significantly cheaper. Keep in mind that the NF-P14S has a square frame which can be easier to move to a future system over the NF-P14 with a round frame and 120mm mounts. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.