Huawei unveils cross-platform game console

PillowSmoke

8423540550x5500-550x366.jpg?hash=ZmIuAwV

Huawei has unveiled its own game console, called TRON, at the CES 2014 exhibition this week in Las Vegas, and says the device supports game titles that run on other platforms including PC, PS3, and NDS. 

According to a Tech QiQi report Wednesday, the entertainment terminal is developed on an Android-based platform and appears to be no bigger than a mug. TRON has a USB 3.0 port, aHDMI port, audio jack, RJ-45 port, and can be connected through Bluetooth to as many as four pad controllers, which each features a sizable touchpad and similar button configuration to a Microsoft Xbox's pad.

Despite its Android origin, TRON is not the base version of Nvidia's Shield. However, it opens the doors to game titles running on other platforms like PS3, PC, and NDS. All TRON-based games will be customized for Huawei and gamers can play across different platforms, noted the report.

Meanwhile, thanks to the Nvidia chip inside, TRON also supports 4K video playbacks.

Huawei said it currently offers 12 game titles for the console and the Chinese telecommunication giant promised more games would be on the shelf by May 2014, when TRON will be commercially available.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

O_____________________________O

@Vitalius hate to keep tagging you but.... The solution to SqEnix's constant platform changes for KH :P

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Finally someone smart does something like this that doesn't seem to be as buggy as an emulator.

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

Looks like a "Mini Mac Pro" :)

a.k.a. the "Mini Trash Can"

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

Looks like a "Mini Mac Pro" :)

just watch, APPLE IS GOING TO CALL SUE.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

I'd like to know this as well.

This may sound far fetched by one x86 processor, one arm processor , one power pc processor and profit?

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

No other website mentions that it is cross platform.

It is probably just an example of "journalists" copying from the same incorrect source.

Also, the Zednet link just says it supports the same titles. It doesnt say you can put a ps3 disk in and play it.

OP has miss quoted it.

This may sound far fetched by one x86 processor, one arm processor , one power pc processor and profit?

No.

It doesnt say anywhere that you can put a ps3/xbox/whatever game in it and play. Some games are on more than one platform. That is what it means.

No other website mentions that it is cross platform.

It is probably just an example of "journalists" copying from the same incorrect source.

Also, the Zednet link just says it supports the same titles. It doesnt say you can put a ps3 disk in and play it.

OP has miss quoted it.

great point. You can't just trust everything on the internet, especially if it's been quoted from an article that's probably copied from other sources.

However, reading your username does hurt my head... oh god please no

O_____________________________O

@Vitalius hate to keep tagging you but.... The solution to SqEnix's constant platform changes for KH :P

Unless it goes back to Nintendo or *shudders* Microsoft. Then we are screwed. :(

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Unless it goes back to Nintendo or *shudders* Microsoft. Then we are screwed. :(

Well Nintendo is reasonable to emulate it seems with the infinite Nintendo device emulators we have so that wouldn't be so bad but microsoft :| no.

4K? really? somehow I dont think so...

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

Yes, 4k Video playback, as in watching a 4k film.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

4k BluRays? If nothing else, this will probably be the cheapest 4k BluRay player on the market when they release it (like people buying the PS3 solely for the BluRay player).

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Yes, 4k Video playback, as in watching a 4k film.

4k BluRays? If nothing else, this will probably be the cheapest 4k BluRay player on the market when they release it (like people buying the PS3 solely for the BluRay player).

ahh yes i see. I misinterpreted the wording, thanks.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270