Pump Noise Asetek 545LC

Have been running an Asetek 545LC for a few months now in my Dan Cases A4-SFX. Lately however I've noticed an annoying amount of noise from the pump itself, almost as if there's not enough water in the loop for the pump to cycle.

Is there any way of reducing the pump noise?

I've attached a recording on the pump noise, it's faint in the recording but fairly audible to me.

Voice_002_sd.m4a

53 minutes ago, SethKraota said:

Have been running an Asetek 545LC for a few months now in my Dan Cases A4-SFX. Lately however I've noticed an annoying amount of noise from the pump itself, almost as if there's not enough water in the loop for the pump to cycle.

Is there any way of reducing the pump noise?

I've attached a recording on the pump noise, it's faint in the recording but fairly audible to me.

Voice_002_sd.m4a

Have you tried putting your case upside down? Just try temporarily and see if it helps the problem

28 minutes ago, For Science! said:

any luck?

Seems to have fixed it at least when upside down lol, thankyou.

Just now, SethKraota said:

Seems to have fixed it at least when upside down lol, thankyou.

Yes, this is a well known problem (for me). The Dan A4 layout implies that the pump is in the highest point of the loop, and so air will gradually accumulate there, making that clicky noise. It's super bad for the pump and will lead to premature failure.

I have asked Dan whether it would be possible to have a native inversion feature and it is being considered maybe, for v4.

Your temps should also improve upside down since the heat can be exhausted more efficiently (assuming you do have an exhaust configuration).

15 minutes ago, For Science! said:

Yes, this is a well known problem (for me). The Dan A4 layout implies that the pump is in the highest point of the loop, and so air will gradually accumulate there, making that clicky noise. It's super bad for the pump and will lead to premature failure.

I have asked Dan whether it would be possible to have a native inversion feature and it is being considered maybe, for v4.

Your temps should also improve upside down since the heat can be exhausted more efficiently (assuming you do have an exhaust configuration).

I think I saw your post about it on HardForum or SFF. Might switch to the Alphehohn or l9i with fan duct at this point anyway. Thanks for the help though!