PC Upgrade Help

Hello LTT Forums!

With tons of Black Friday sales coming up I'm tempted to buy some parts going on sale, however i'm not really sure what I should be looking for. 

I have a very "decent" PC, it's nothing amazing, but it can play games and search the web which is all I need right now. I would like to be able to maybe play games at higher quality and possibly stream to twitch every now and then. So I'm really not sure what parts I should be looking for in order to upgrade my rig.

I'm thinking the first thing I should get would be a graphics card / RAM, but again not to sure.

Tell me what you think!

Current build: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/estrasser/saved/jKDTBm

Thanks!

29 minutes ago, estrasser said:

play games

Yeah well there are different levels of games that require different levels of hardware, some like to play Windows Chess and Tetris while the other guy down the country road likes to play shooter games on medium settings while the rich kid up on the hill like to play AAA games in Ultra at 150fps.

PS

If you are going to be spending a lot of money on those I assume used parts, I would suggest you buy an OEM refurbished PC that has a 4th gen intel cpu in it and 8gb of ram, but do compare prices between the 4gb and 8gb ram pc's. Those are of great value right now, you can pick those pc's up for dirt cheap. $150usd at a minimum for the i5's and probably $180usd for the i7 if not $200usd at a minimum. Just something to keep in mind.

You could just start a whole new rig. There wouldn't be anything wrong with the 3rd gen processor, but you could get the new stuff just for the heck of it, and it is a little bit more powerful. Once you change the processor, you have to change the motherboard usually, and the ram, because most modern processors use DDR4. It is a nice rig though. You could do what @campy suggested and build a second streaming box. I would choose the latter.