European samsung galaxy S9+ battery life (exynos processor)

Hello everyone!
I am considering buying a new phone since there's some pretty good deals going on where I live right now. Apples are too expensive so out of the question , I've had LGs and Huaweis and I am looking forward to getting my first samsung. So I want to buy an S9 Plus but the European version has Samsung's own processor the exynos. I've heard that a lot of people have had huge battery issues with their battery life at launch back in April - June.

I am a light user, I will mostly not be home to charge it for 10 hours a day, I will have whatsapp running in the background and I use mobile data (4G) constantly while I'm not at home browsing reddit / reading the news and whatnot. I usually end up only using 3-4h of screen time a day , at most.
I've also heard that the august patch they rolled out improved battery life greatly , but only for some.

So anyone from Europe / that owns an exynos S9 Plus that can give me some insight / feedback ? Is it worth getting the S9+? Is the battery life really that bad or has it been improved greatly? Of course I could just get it and return it within 30 days but I heard that for some the battery life went bad after around 6 months.

Thanks in advance

As a dutch samsung user, I can say exept for like a 100 mhz boost and different lte bands there isn't really a difference between the Samsung Exynos and the Qualcomm Snapdragon version. If you can find a deal on it, it's a great phone. but may I ask why you need a phone like that for that light of a task? You could also get something like a Pocophone f1 for around 300 bucks at the moment. or a good deal on the Oneplus 6. But it's up to you

5 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

As a dutch samsung user, I can say exept for like a 100 mhz boost and different lte bands there isn't really a difference between the Samsung Exynos and the Qualcomm Snapdragon version. If you can find a deal on it, it's a great phone. but may I ask why you need a phone like that for that light of a task? You could also get something like a Pocophone f1 for around 300 bucks at the moment. or a good deal on the Oneplus 6. But it's up to you

Eh, I have a 3T rn, had a P10 a few years back , a G4 and G3 before those. I want to try an actual (still) flagship from one of the expensive brands. Camera on the 3T is absolute dogshit in low light and not that good in proper lighting either.  Also never owned a samsung, and I wanna try one and since the deal is that good its better to get an s9+ over an A9 or J right now.
Also no notch AND still has a headphone jack!

PS: so youre not having any battery issues on your samsung?

Just now, V_1313 said:

Eh, I have a 3T rn, had a P10 a few years back , a G4 and G3 before those. I want to try an actual (still) flagship from one of the expensive brands. Camera on the 3T is absolute dogshit in low light and not that good in proper lighting either.  Also never owned a samsung, and I wanna try one and since the deal is that good its better to get an s9+ over an A9 or J right now.
Also no notch AND still has a headphone jack!

PS: so youre not having any battery issues on your samsung?

I don't personally own a samsung galaxy s9. But I do have some people around me that have that phone (the exynos even) that i've never heared about any battery issues. I own a p8 lite myself for the notice. going to upgrade to probebly a 6t next year

Sounds good, thanks. I'll probably order it and hope i get a good unit, gotta love that 30 day return policy

21 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

I don't personally own a samsung galaxy s9. But I do have some people around me that have that phone (the exynos even) that i've never heared about any battery issues. I own a p8 lite myself for the notice. going to upgrade to probebly a 6t next year

Regarding the battery, I've had some rough days with the battery on my Exynos S9+, but it's pretty stable now. With location, AOD, 1440p screen and all that pijazz on I can manage 6 hours SOT on data and 9 on wifi. I mostly browse reddit and chat on discord.

Screenshot_20181117-233825_Settings.jpg