PC into a "router"

I made a topic a couple of days ago called "Networking in University" but I am making a new one because I am pretty sure what I have to do and it doesn't relate that much to that topic anymore... So I currently live on campus on a Univerity and the Uni uses 802.1x authentication for its devices, but I have some devices that I would like to connect to the internet but that dont support 802.1x authentication... What I want to do is create an entirely new private network for me where I use my computer as a router... My PC already has access to the internet, so I wanted to use my wifi card to make so I can connect devices to the internet through my PC and also connect them through ethernet if possible. Is this a thing I can do and does anyone know where I should start?

I do this, What os are you on?

You can easily make a nat in software, Im doing it useing the nat router in linux with kvm, just configure the virtual switch and it works.

I am on Windows 10, and I dont think I can have a VM constantly running on the background

On Windows there's an easy way to share a Wi-Fi connection to your Ethernet port. From there you could connect a router and link as many wired/wireless clients as you want to the router. The speeds will be terrible but it'll work. It'll also be a bit vulnerable to attack but what isn't these days.

14 minutes ago, MathiasSven said:

I am on Windows 10, and I dont think I can have a VM constantly running on the background

Why not?

You can run a full fledged router OS into vmware and set the virtual machine to a very low resource say 512mb and 1 core and it will do the job.

https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/virtualization/vmware

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w