Google Doc Reference Linking

Hello people

I've recently been creating a detailed document which has numbered paragraphs and references within those paragraphs to previous paragraphs using the numbers. A bit confusing but I have a basic example provided below:

1. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.
  2. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. See point 1 for more detail.
  3. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.

However it's now gotten to the point where paragraphs are being added in differently places in between paragraphs which is starting to mess up all the references numbers. Is there a way to link the reference (See point 1 for more detail) to the paragraph number so that if the paragraph number changes, so does the reference number? 

I hope that makes sense. If this feature isn't part of Google Docs is there an add-on I can use?

Thanks in advance for your help. Cheers, Matt.