How Hard Should I Press on a Ducky Shine 3 Mechanical Keyboard Without Screwing it Up?

AndyDev

Just got a Ducky Shine 3 and was kind of mad when my friend started smashing the keys. My question is, do you think it has damaged the keys at all?

Probably not. They seem well designed for "normal" wear and tear. One piece of advice though, get new friends!

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

I smash my keys all the time. I can't type normal. lol.

my typing sounds like London during WW2.

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

Well. apparently I smash my keys too hard. And my keyboard is just fine :D

Mechanical keyboards are made to last longer and are much more durable than standard membrane once. If the membrane keyboards can survive in schools for years then don't worry about an occational abuse on your mechanical one :)

Ah thanks for the answers guys, guess I overreacted a little. Do mechanical keyboards have wear-off effects noticable through the course of 3 years (normal typing), or can my Duckies last for 5-10 years and feel just like new?

no, switches will change feel over time because the plastic parts inside will grind and smooth out.

does it make a big difference?  hard to say.  is it noticable?  keyboard enthusiasts say so.

in the case of cherry reds, people say this smoothing out IMPROVES the switch because it gets smoother...obviously.

no, switches will change feel over time because the plastic parts inside will grind and smooth out.

does it make a big difference?  hard to say.  is it noticable?  keyboard enthusiasts say so.

in the case of cherry reds, people say this smoothing out IMPROVES the switch because it gets smoother...obviously.

What about for MX-Blues? Do you think they will get better or worse over time?

i say it technically gets worse, but in practice, i'd be surprised if you can even detect it.

I didn't know cavemen were still around.

But in all seriousness, no. One of the perks of mechanical keyboards is how durable (Ducky is especially renowned for that) they are.