Help Decide CPU & Mobo

So I'll be building a new pc (DESK PC) next year. I want it to be the most future-proof( now please dont exit after reading future proof. here me out) pc.

RAM: MOBO with 4 slots out of which i'll use 2 and add more when i need it. DDR5 will take 6 years to become a thing.

GPU: will go with anything which is capable of driving a 2560x1080 monitor and play games at high settings. 

a simple swap is enough for upgraing my gpu

SSD: will go with M.2 and SATA 3.

Most motherboards these days have a 2 or 3 m.2 slots and 4-8 SATA 3 slots so i can easily add more drives when I need it

PSU Cooling Fans etc.: obvious. nothing to worry

My choice of CPU AND Motherboard

I'll be going with intel only.

the motherboard should be supported by intel for a very long time. but at the same time i dont want xeon.

as time passes i want to upgrade my cpu at least twice without changing my motherboard. 

So which motherboard should i buy? which generation should i wait for?

Neither Zen 2 nor Coffee Lake (or Ice Lake for that matter) will be support for more than 2 more refreshes. Intel will be moving to 10nm in the next couple years, and AMD will be introducing something new after 2020. Nothing in the world of technology is "supported for a very long time". There might be driver updates for it, but there won't be new products released for it. Any mid-range full-size ATX board should have what you need for M.2 and SATA.

At the moment there's no point in saying "wait for this" or "buy this now" because you're not interested in buying now, and nobody knows what will be coming out in the coming years. So when you're ready to buy, make a thread, and we can help you then. But until then I'd recommend just staying up to date on hardware releases.

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

11 minutes ago, _ashwin_ram said:

So I'll be building a new pc (DESK PC) next year. I want it to be the most future-proof( now please dont exit after reading future proof. here me out) pc.

RAM: MOBO with 4 slots out of which i'll use 2 and add more when i need it. DDR5 will take 6 years to become a thing.

GPU: will go with anything which is capable of driving a 2560x1080 monitor and play games at high settings. 

a simple swap is enough for upgraing my gpu

SSD: will go with M.2 and SATA 3.

Most motherboards these days have a 2 or 3 m.2 slots and 4-8 SATA 3 slots so i can easily add more drives when I need it

PSU Cooling Fans etc.: obvious. nothing to worry

My choice of CPU AND Motherboard

I'll be going with intel only.

the motherboard should be supported by intel for a very long time. but at the same time i dont want xeon.

as time passes i want to upgrade my cpu at least twice without changing my motherboard. 

So which motherboard should i buy? which generation should i wait for?

You want Intel and you want to upgrade the cpu twice or more on the same motherboard? Yeah you are asking for the impossible. Intel has historically done 2 gens on the same motherboard and then move to the next thing. If you buy a cpu then you would really only be able to buy the next gen cpu at best with Intel. Honestly you are probably better off buying an 8700k now and be good for many years to come. Then when you need to upgrade there will be alot newer cpus to choose from.