Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

CHALLENGE: $300 Gaming PC

 Share

Go to solution Solved by iLostMyXbox21,
Just now, kodi hoyle said:

but quad core processor

i added a different one 

 

1 minute ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

BET 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant
Type Item Price
CPU AMD - A8-9600 3.1 GHz Quad-Core Processor $61.89 @ OutletPC
Motherboard ASRock - AB350M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $39.99 @ Newegg
Memory GeIL - EVO POTENZA 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2400 Memory $94.99 @ Newegg
Storage Toshiba - Product Series:DT01ACA 500 GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $22.95 @ Amazon
Power Supply Thermaltake - 500 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $14.99 @ Newegg
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total (before mail-in rebates) $279.81
  Mail-in rebates -$45.00
  Total $234.81
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-11-18 19:25 EST-0500  

 

 

In an attempt to prove my friend and father wrong, I am attempting to make a $300 gaming pc. Now this wouldn't be hard, except for the pc has to meet a few requirements. First- It must have a minimum of 16 gigs of ram. Second, It must have a quad core processor. third, it must be all new or refurbished parts. NOTHING USED. And finally, It must cost no more than 300 usd.

 

I seek your help

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, kodi hoyle said:

In an attempt to prove my friend and father wrong, I am attempting to make a $300 gaming pc. Now this wouldn't be hard, except for the pc has to meet a few requirements. First- It must have a minimum of 16 gigs of ram. Second, It must have a quad core processor. third, it must be all new or refurbished parts. NOTHING USED. And finally, It must cost no more than 300 usd.

 

I seek your help

 

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

 

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

Must have 16 gigs of ram

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, kodi hoyle said:

Must have 16 gigs of ram

 

Must have bigger budget

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

would it help if i already have hard drive and graphics card?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Must have bigger budget

bet

edit: oh.. quad core..

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

 

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

BET 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant
Type Item Price
CPU AMD - A8-9600 3.1 GHz Quad-Core Processor $61.89 @ OutletPC
Motherboard ASRock - AB350M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $39.99 @ Newegg
Memory GeIL - EVO POTENZA 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2400 Memory $94.99 @ Newegg
Storage Toshiba - Product Series:DT01ACA 500 GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $22.95 @ Amazon
Power Supply Thermaltake - 500 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $14.99 @ Newegg
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total (before mail-in rebates) $279.81
  Mail-in rebates -$45.00
  Total $234.81
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-11-18 19:25 EST-0500  

 

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

 

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

bet

 

but quad core processor

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, kodi hoyle said:

but quad core processor

i added a different one 

 

1 minute ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

BET 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant
Type Item Price
CPU AMD - A8-9600 3.1 GHz Quad-Core Processor $61.89 @ OutletPC
Motherboard ASRock - AB350M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $39.99 @ Newegg
Memory GeIL - EVO POTENZA 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2400 Memory $94.99 @ Newegg
Storage Toshiba - Product Series:DT01ACA 500 GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $22.95 @ Amazon
Power Supply Thermaltake - 500 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $14.99 @ Newegg
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total (before mail-in rebates) $279.81
  Mail-in rebates -$45.00
  Total $234.81
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-11-18 19:25 EST-0500  

 

 

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

 

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, kodi hoyle said:

would it help if i already have hard drive and graphics card?

Yes. It would also help if you already have a CPU, motherboard, RAM, and power supply... Don't happen to have any of those lying around by any chance?

 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant
Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor $97.99 @ SuperBiiz
Motherboard ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $64.99 @ Newegg Business
Memory Team - Vulcan 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $99.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply Corsair - CXM (2015) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $24.99 @ Newegg
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total (before mail-in rebates) $307.96
  Mail-in rebates -$20.00
  Total $287.96
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-11-18 19:28 EST-0500  

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

Yes. It would also help if you already have a CPU, motherboard, RAM, and power supply... Don't happen to have any of those lying around by any chance?

 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant
Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor $97.99 @ SuperBiiz
Motherboard ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $64.99 @ Newegg Business
Memory Team - Vulcan 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $99.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply Corsair - CXM (2015) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $24.99 @ Newegg
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total (before mail-in rebates) $307.96
  Mail-in rebates -$20.00
  Total $287.96
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-11-18 19:28 EST-0500  

what about storage?

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

 

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, iLostMyXbox21 said:

what about storage?

They already have storage

8 minutes ago, kodi hoyle said:

would it help if i already have hard drive and graphics card?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

They already have storage

oh i skipped over that.. thanks

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

 

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hfGxP3
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hfGxP3/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - FX-8350 4 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($75.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - Hyper 212 LED 66.3 CFM Rifle Bearing CPU Cooler  ($24.89 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Asus - M5A78L-M PLUS/USB3 Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($62.00 @ B&H) 
Memory: Micron - 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($39.00 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Micron - 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($39.00 @ Amazon) 
Case: Rosewill - SRM-01 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($26.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM (2015) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($24.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $292.86
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-11-18 19:43 EST-0500

 

 

8cores (slow ones) and 16gb of ram. Could fit 24gb of ram just if you want.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, kodi hoyle said:

the pc is complete, $302. and some black friday bruises from Frye's

What did you end up with?

Rest In Peace my old signature...                  September 11th 2018 ~ December 26th 2018

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/67WgNQ
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/67WgNQ/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 1200 3.1 GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($89.99 @ Newegg Business) 
Motherboard: ASRock - AB350M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($39.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Team - Vulcan 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($94.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: ADATA - XPG SX850 128 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($24.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($22.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $272.94
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-11-30 11:36 EST-0500

My current build ↘️⬇️↙️

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×