Dual RX580 build

Hi everyone, I was recently looking at going for a budget 1080p build but my wife is giving me the green light to spend more as an early Christmas present so I'm attempting a 4k build.

My budget will be around $2100 USD for complete system and monitor.

This will be my main rig so it'll be used for gaming, web browsing, photo editing and administering my servers. I'd like 4k at around 30 fps, more is always better of course. Games I plan on playing are GTA V, Flight Simulator X, Far Cry 5, and some other less intensive games. I already have dual 1080 monitors and I plan to add a 4k monitor in between them for a triple monitor setup, however this would only be for non gaming purposes, photo editing, multiple web pages, etc...

So since I have a large budget to work with I was planning to go with an RTX2070 or 1080 TI, but then I saw how cheap RX580s were and thought I could get two of those for less than a GTX1080. Looking at RX580 crossfire benchmarks, it looks like they scale better at 4k and are roughly on par with a 1080 in some games and even take a swing at the 1080 TI in others(GTA V).

So anyone think this is a bad idea? Would I be better off spending a little more money and going with a single Nvidia card?

Here's the current state of the build without the monitor, any suggestions on the rest of the build?

Nooo, just buy a vega 56 or 64, it will offer better performance for less power and around the same price

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG

I had completely forgot about the Vegas, they're pricing is actually lower than I thought they were. Would a Vega be worth it? It looks like the Vega 64 would be competing against the RTX2070 and the 56 going against the 1080 and it looks like both the 56 and 64 lose to the similarly priced Nvidia cards based on userbenchmark.

The crossfire 580s was my original idea when I was going for my lower budget, and it just kind of carried over when I decided to go for the new build.

The last build I did was back in 2014 with a G3258 and a GT610 from the build before that. This will be my first build over $400 so the choices are kind of daunting. I've done at least 2 dozen different iterations of this build before this one, it was so much easier when I simply couldn't afford multiple hardware choices. ?

6 hours ago, Krombopulos_Michael said:

This will be my main rig so it'll be used for gaming, web browsing, photo editing and administering my servers. I'd like 4k at around 30 fps, more is always better of course. Games I plan on playing are GTA V, Flight Simulator X, Far Cry 5, and some other less intensive games. I already have dual 1080 monitors and I plan to add a 4k monitor in between them for a triple monitor setup, however this would only be for non gaming purposes, photo editing, multiple web pages, etc...

Probably don't need 32GB of RAM for your uses, and likewise for the 2700x since at 4k you're going to be mostly GPU limited anyway. Drop those two things down to a 2600 and 16GB and you can fit a RTX 2080 in to the budget.

I'd probably drop the H100i and see how the stock cooler performs first since it comes free in the box, then if it doesn't meet your needs you can look at upgrading it. I'd also look for a case with better some intake airflow. From pictures it looks like things are pretty choked at the front on the 750D with the front intake fans pressed right up against a piece of plastic... But cases are largely aesthetic choices so I'll leave that up to you to look in to.

Spoiler

image.png.cfab852b78effefdc252ea879bbbbd34.pngimage.png.de8d67e91d2d3923ba7ee3b51cd8c078.png

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450