Worth upgrading an AMD FX-4300 - CSGO oriented PC

Hello ^^,

So, I have a friend that told me a few years ago to make him a budget pc to play CSGO and I made what I could with 250€-300€w/case,ssd and all. We ended up going with an 4300 and a 750ti

Now he starts to have a bit of extra money and planning an update so, what should be the best way to go.(He is upgrading first his rig and then we wants to get a nice 144hz monitor)

I guess the 750Ti will do great for csgo, so we are planning on update the cpu but that makes update the ram(rimember 4300==ddr3) and ofc the motherboard aswell.

If you think the 750Ti wont let us get some high fps let me know.

This time we have again a budget of 300~325.

So what cpu do you think we should go with, im thinking a 1600X + 1stick 8gb because he wants 16 gb but im planning to get 8gb when he upgrades the gpu.

Ofc blackfriday is coming so we can play with that, suggest some stuff (Intel oriented build or whatever you may wanna say to me need tons of info).

this is a fast preview of what im thinking right now

https://gyazo.com/f663dfd5fb116b8edb59e4cf5472ca39

Thanks!!!

if it's *literally* just CS:GO, you may as well go silly with something like a pentium gold G5500, because CS:GO is hilareously terrible at using more than two cores, and that'll give you budget to do some other upgrades as well.

9 minutes ago, manikyath said:

if it's *literally* just CS:GO, you may as well go silly with something like a pentium gold G5500, because CS:GO is hilareously terrible at using more than two cores, and that'll give you budget to do some other upgrades as well.

Its mainly for playing csgo, but not only for it also some Overwatch and some AAA titles aswell

Thanks for your answer^^

Don't go with something silly. If you are getting a high refresh rate monitor you need a good cpu because you want to be pushing serious framerates. Get a cpu with high core-clock and worry less about the number of cores.

11 minutes ago, Manzanero96 said:

@TriGaar @manikyath

I just got a brilliant idea, what about a nice FX-9590.

Tell me what do you think about that ^^

terrible idea.

upgrading to an FX9590 is like deciding your ford cortina isnt fast enough, and deciding to strap the motor from a digger onto the back.

18 hours ago, manikyath said:

this..... get a gtx 770 or 960 for cheap used. Like 120$ 

• 3 weeks later...

In case you care, just for closing the post, after thinking a lot we finally went with a nice 1600x and 16GB RAM.

We got solid +144fps and he is still unbeaten at CS:GO.

Thanks to all^^