Trouble Installing anything NVIDIA related

Jason_YU

I was trying to install the newest nvidia graphics card driver. It failed initially, so i tried a clean install. It also failed, took my existing working driver with it. I went and used DDU to delete any residual and attempted another install, still failed, took my windows 10 built-in driver with it. I did try it with administrator/ safe mode, none of them worked. Need urgent help. If possible, I won't consider reinstalling system YET. Thanks!

device manager update driver failed.PNG

driver install fail.PNG

geforce exp install fail.PNG

Tried custom install using the nvidia installer and then select Clean Installation?  What OS build are you on?

Make sure you've deleted any undeleted installer temp folders for the MS or nvidia installer (ex. under C:\nvidia or C:\temp perhaps).  Might be trying to reuse older temp folders and getting blocked.

7 minutes ago, PineyCreek said:

Tried custom install using the nvidia installer and then select Clean Installation?  What OS build are you on?

Make sure you've deleted any undeleted installer temp folders for the MS or nvidia installer (ex. under C:\nvidia or C:\temp perhaps).  Might be trying to reuse older temp folders and getting blocked.

Currently on windows 10 build 17134.345. I was trying to locate where is the temp folder since I didn't find any under C:\

1 minute ago, Jason_YU said:

Currently on windows 10 build 17134.345. I was trying to locate where is the temp folder since I didn't find any under ?

Try seeing if a utility like CCleaner finds the temp files.  They may or may not exist in your scenario.  I'm just tossing out potentials.

3 minutes ago, PineyCreek said:

Try seeing if a utility like CCleaner finds the temp files.  They may or may not exist in your scenario.  I'm just tossing out potentials.

Righto I'm currently in safe mode again to see. Once I fail (hopefully not) I'll get ccleaner to see what will happen.

1 hour ago, PineyCreek said:

Just tried using CCleaner and got rid of bunch of cache and temp, doesn't seem to be working. Thanks for the suggestion anyways.

15 minutes ago, WikiForce said:

"Access is denied"

seems most likely a permission issue for drivers or something. Are you able to write stuff to your boot drive? (i.e. being able to download/create new files or move / copy from other drive/ partition)

Yes I am able to do so. It seems a bit weird because anything nvidia related is guaranteed not gonna work. 

14 minutes ago, Jason_YU said:

Just tried using CCleaner and got rid of bunch of cache and temp, doesn't seem to be working. Thanks for the suggestion anyways.

Yes I am able to do so. It seems a bit weird because anything nvidia related is guaranteed not gonna work. 

Did installing with the clean install option make any difference at all?

Random question considering how unlikely it could be, but might you have a 32 bit version of Win10 and you're using the 64bit installer?

Try updating Win10 first if there are any major updates to install.

Also, run DDU while within safe mode, if you didn't already.

8 minutes ago, PineyCreek said:

Did installing with the clean install option make any difference at all?

Random question considering how unlikely it could be, but might you have a 32 bit version of Win10 and you're using the 64bit installer?

Try updating Win10 first if there are any major updates to install.

Also, run DDU while within safe mode, if you didn't already.

Tried clean install, doesn't work; 

Win10 is 64 bit so is the installer

Can't seem to get windows update to work at the moment. I think she decided to screw up as well;

DDU was ran in safe mode, don't think it make any difference.

Currently trying to disable signature enforcement, maybe it's a signature issue.

Capture.PNG