my internet is strangely slow! help please

i just bought a new computer and installed every updateand then when i went to dowload my games it only downloads them at 2mb/s! on the networking forum i tried the speedtester and it said 17mb/s download and 2mb/s uploadspeed! did i do something wrong? i dont quite am as knowlegeble in networking

oh and i have a 200mb/s contract

my router is behind 2 concrete walls so i used a powerline networkadapter nad that one is connected to my pc via ethernet

CPU: Intel I9-9900K Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus XI CODE RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance PRO 3200MHZ GPU: Asus ROG 2080ti OC Storage: Samsung 970pro 2x1TB, 2Tb HDD Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling:custom loop incoming, for now 360 rog ryujin!

8 minutes ago, Bayonett Priest said:

i just bought a new computer and installed every updateand then when i went to dowload my games it only downloads them at 2mb/s! on the networking forum i tried the speedtester and it said 17mb/s download and 2mb/s uploadspeed! did i do something wrong? i dont quite am as knowlegeble in networking

oh and i have a 200mb/s contract

my router is behind 2 concrete walls so i used a powerline networkadapter nad that one is connected to my pc via ethernet

From where exactly are you downloading said files from?...(steam,origin?)

Just now, akialwayz said:

From where exactly are you downloading said files from?...(steam,origin?)

steam, battle net and uplay

CPU: Intel I9-9900K Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus XI CODE RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance PRO 3200MHZ GPU: Asus ROG 2080ti OC Storage: Samsung 970pro 2x1TB, 2Tb HDD Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling:custom loop incoming, for now 360 rog ryujin!

2 minutes ago, Bayonett Priest said:

steam, battle net and uplay

If all of them are showing similar results,then i think its your HDD.I have a 50MB/s internet connection and when i download from steam to my HDD it only downloads at 5-6 Mb/s but if i download to my SSD it gives me 35-40 MB/s speed.So basically your HDD is bottlenecking your downloads.

or

another issue could be your ISP throttling your connection(some ISPs throttle youtube,netfix,etc...basicly high bandwidth needed sites and servers).you could use vpn to check if its the case.

1 minute ago, akialwayz said:

If all of them are showing similar results,then i think its your HDD.I have a 50MB/s internet connection and when i download from steam to my HDD it only downloads at 5-6 Mb/s but if i download to my SSD it gives me 35-40 MB/s speed.So basically your HDD is bottlenecking your downloads.

or 

another issue could be your ISP throttling your connection(some ISPs throttle youtube,netfix,etc...basicly high bandwidth needed sites and servers).you could use vpn to check if its the case.

i have the 970 evo so.... 3000 read and 2500 whrite

and how can i use a vpn? never used one

oh and in the componentsmanager there are 2 things that i cant update: "pci-device" "SM-BUS-Controller" is that the problem?

Just now, Bayonett Priest said:

i have the 970 evo so.... 3000 read and 2500 whrite

and how can i use a vpn? never used one

oh and in the componentsmanager there are 2 things that i cant update: "pci-device" "SM-BUS-Controller" is that the problem?

Ok for

1.VPN-VPN is a software which encrypts your data before sending to Internet so that ISP cannot see which sites you are viewing or visiting.(usually ISP know which sites you visit for eg you go to facebook,they will know you visited facebook)>i personally use SEEDVPN-It has a promo going on for free for a year,I suggest you get it or there are lots of other vpns.Seedvpn-https://www.buzz99.com/seed4me-vpn/

2.I dont think drivers are the issue but for being safe,Use driverbooster from iobit(I use it personally,iobit is trustworthy and good)

https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php

download the free version->install->download each driver one by one

N.B-Dm me if you have any doubts or problems

1 hour ago, akialwayz said:

Ok for

1.VPN-VPN is a software which encrypts your data before sending to Internet so that ISP cannot see which sites you are viewing or visiting.(usually ISP know which sites you visit for eg you go to facebook,they will know you visited facebook)>i personally use SEEDVPN-It has a promo going on for free for a year,I suggest you get it or there are lots of other vpns.Seedvpn-https://www.buzz99.com/seed4me-vpn/

2.I dont think drivers are the issue but for being safe,Use driverbooster from iobit(I use it personally,iobit is trustworthy and good)

are there vpns for germany? and what are vpns anyway? im new to vpn and have no idea what this is!

2 hours ago, akialwayz said:

Ok for

i got 8mb/s witch is normal now in uplay but still got 2 in steam and battle.net!

you don't need a VPN

the connection is failing to mantain a peak speed, this could be to faulty wiring which is like the literally the only huge problem those powerline things have and they keep selling them anyway... a speed test isn't constantly asking for data and only works for a couple of seconds so that's why you're getting high speeds there and not in the actual downloads

you should connect via a real ethernet cable, on that goes directly from your modem/router to the pc.

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

1 minute ago, aezakmi said:

you don't need a VPN

the connection is failing to mantain a peak speed, this could be to faulty wiring which is like the literally the only huge problem those powerline things have and they keep selling them anyway... a speed test isn't constantly asking for data and only works for a couple of seconds so that's why you're getting high speeds there and not in the actual downloads

you should connect via a real ethernet cable, on that goes directly from your modem/router to the pc.

yea that is around 20m away and had to drill holes trough the wall!

17 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

you don't need a VPN

or should i buy a good router? i still got the basic one from the provider!

You guys really have to use the correct capitals here. Mb Megabits for internet speed. MB Megabyte for capacity on harddrives etc.