HELP! Posting problems with R7

stef4234
Go to solution Solved by stef4234,
On 11/16/2018 at 4:46 PM, NelizMastr said:

Which PSU did you re-use? Just to be sure.

Also, I've heard some horror stories about Gigabyte Aorus 4-series boards, so you might just have a dud.

It was the motherboard that was a dud

I've just bought a Gigabyte 470x Aorus gaming 5 wifi MoBo and a Ryzen 7 2700x along with some new Corsair vengeance lpx 3000mhz 16gb (2x8) ram.

I've put everything together with my old PSU and GPU. When I then try to boot the system it never posts, not even after 10 min, when I look at my MoBo I see that the red cpu led is on. I've seen this problem all over the internet, but I can't seem to find a fix to my problem. I've checked all the connnections, if my RAM is compatible, rearrenging it and even to clear the CMOS. The last thing did do something. The red CPU led blinks and then the DRAM led blinks and then the VGA led blinks and then the CPU led turns back on and stays on. Last thing I tried was to rearrenge the the RAM 1 stick and 2 stick in every configaration, sometimes the system just turned on for a second and the shut down again. Last time I tried turing it on it wen't through all the LEDs multiple times before shutting down, and for some reason keeping the MoBo RGB on.

Anyone got an idea to what might be going on?

Well, maybe its cause you got a 470x motherboard. But maybe try using one stick of ram for boot

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG

Also, I've heard some horror stories about Gigabyte Aorus 4-series boards, so you might just have a dud.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

@lmeneses: I've tried with one stick of RAM and it shuts of 1 second after starting, so unfortunately no luck there.

@NelizMastr: I'm re-using my corsair cx500m. Maybe I should try buying a new one tomorrow then?

@stef4234  Have you tried re-installing the CPU?

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

On 11/16/2018 at 4:46 PM, NelizMastr said:

It was the motherboard that was a dud