Yamaha MG10XU will this setup work?

RaivenTheTank
2 minutes ago, TheAgnda said:

Actually one thing I didn't think of is you could just use a splitter on the FX send of the MG10XU:
https://www.amazon.com/ICESPRING-6-35mm-Splitter-Adapter-Converter/dp/B01MS0KRA4/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1543005732&sr=8-6&keywords=1%2F4+splitter

Since you're end goal is to send the same mic signal to two separate computers it shouldn't matter.

Yes, that should work. Other than that i don't think I need more from the MG10 and should be good for me.

3 minutes ago, RaivenTheTank said:

Yes, that should work. Other than that i don't think I need more from the MG10 and should be good for me.

I agree, in the end this is what I would buy in conjunction with the MG10XU:
Usb cable with ferrite chokes
2x3.5mm TRS to dual 1/4 TS
1/4 TRS Splitter
2x3.5mm TRS to 1/4 TRS

Hope everything works out!

Main PC: Corsair 900D | ProArt Z690-Creator | Intel 13900K | RTX 4090 | Trident Z5 (2x32GB) | 1TB 980 Pro, 2TB Sabrent Rocket 4+, 2TB 980 Pro, 1TB Sabrent Rocket | HX1200i

Capture PC: Meshify XL | Designare TRX40 | AMD 3960X | 2xRTX 4070 TI | Trident Z (4x16GB) | 2TB 970 Evo Plus, 1TB 970 Evo Plus | Dual HDMI 4K Plus LT, 2xElgato 4K 60 Pro, HX850

Media / Render PC: Corsair 900D (shared) | ASRock X399M | AMD 2970WX | RTX 4070 TI | Trident Z (2x16GB) | 2TB Samsung 970 Evo | 2xElgato HD60 Pro | HX750
Full Room Watercooling: EK X3 400 | EK-XTOP Revo Dual D5 | 4xHardware Labs 560GTX | 16xSilentWings 4 Pro  | EVGA 450 B3

Peripherals: Logitech G502 X |  Wooting 60HE | Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 | Logitech G502 Wireless | Logitech MX Keys Mechanical

Displays: Asus XG35VQ | 2xLG 24UD58-B | LG 65UH6030 | Asus VH242H | BenQ GW2480 | HP 22CWA | Kenowa CNC-1080P | Asus VC39H

Audio Interfaces : RME Fireface UFX+, Scarlett 18i20, RME HDSPe RayDAT, RME HDSPe MADI FX, RME ADI-648, RME ADI-192 DD

Audio Playback: 2xYamaha HS5 & Yamaha HS8s | Sennheiser HD820, Sennheiser IE 500 Pro, Ultimate Ears RR CIEMs

Just doing an update post. The store I was at borrowed me an Yamaha MG10XU to play around with, so I now have both mixers and I have to say that they Soundcraft feels better. Warmer sound and better output from the USB. Feels like the Yamaha I have has very low volume going out from the USB connection. Think I read something about them putting a pad on the Yamaha mixer.

Also I felt that the sound was better on the Soundcraft. Easier to see the levels on the meter, on the Yamaha i usaly didnt go above the first line (-20 db). When I cranked the gain and level up it sounded like small crackling sound. I tried to use Stereo out from the mixer to the streaming computer just to try the record without USB and it was much louder. But on the meeter on the mixer the sound was so low because it was so loud on the computer and sounded distorted.

Also when I install the drivers many say it should show "Yamaha Steinberg USB ASIO" but on my computer it still shows as Line (MG XU). Could it be something with that?

1 problem I have with both is the AUX going into line in (blue). When I record I only hear the sound from the left ear. Going to PFL mod on the Soundcraft I can listen to just that channel and can hear from both. Im recording from Streamlabs OBS. I didnt have a 6.3mm stereo to 3.5mm stereo. But had 3.5mm stereo to 3.5mm stereo with a 3.5mm to 6.3 stereo adapter. Maybe something with that.

This was a setting in Streamlabs OBS where i record, needed to force that channel into mono.

But using the AUX1 I have alot of static sound in the background when I record from that into line-in (blue). But when I record with the USB then it's good. 

But I will also borrow a Cloudlifter on tuesday just to try the mixers out with that.

One thing that feels better with the Yamaha is it's size. Fits the table better.

5 hours ago, RaivenTheTank said:

Just doing an update post. The store I was at borrowed me an Yamaha MG10XU to play around with, so I now have both mixers and I have to say that they Soundcraft feels better. Warmer sound and better output from the USB. Feels like the Yamaha I have has very low volume going out from the USB connection. Think I read something about them putting a pad on the Yamaha mixer.

Also I felt that the sound was better on the Soundcraft. Easier to see the levels on the meter, on the Yamaha i usaly didnt go above the first line (-20 db). When I cranked the gain and level up it sounded like small crackling sound. I tried to use Stereo out from the mixer to the streaming computer just to try the record without USB and it was much louder. But on the meeter on the mixer the sound was so low because it was so loud on the computer and sounded distorted.

Also when I install the drivers many say it should show "Yamaha Steinberg USB ASIO" but on my computer it still shows as Line (MG XU). Could it be something with that?

1 problem I have with both is the AUX going into line in (blue). When I record I only hear the sound from the left ear. Going to PFL mod on the Soundcraft I can listen to just that channel and can hear from both. Im recording from Streamlabs OBS. I didnt have a 6.3mm stereo to 3.5mm stereo. But had 3.5mm stereo to 3.5mm stereo with a 3.5mm to 6.3 stereo adapter. Maybe something with that.

This was a setting in Streamlabs OBS where i record, needed to force that channel into mono.

But using the AUX1 I have alot of static sound in the background when I record from that into line-in (blue). But when I record with the USB then it's good. 

But I will also borrow a Cloudlifter on tuesday just to try the mixers out with that.

One thing that feels better with the Yamaha is it's size. Fits the table better.

I've also noticed that the volume levels on many mixers seem low via the level indicator, I believe this is to leave headroom for potentially much louder sources like drums and guitars.

Interesting about overall quality comparisons, I've always heard great things about Yamaha mixers, I've never really looked into Soundcraft though. Other than their 12 channel multi-track mixer which is super interesting as it separates each pair of channels into their out USB input.

As for noise on the aux output, are you using a balanced cable (two prong)? Do you get the same amount of noise plugging your phone into the stereo input? How about when you plug the aux into another input on the same mixer, or even the soundcraft, still noisy?

You want to make sure you're using TRS cables where possible as opposed to TS which have no ground.

Main PC: Corsair 900D | ProArt Z690-Creator | Intel 13900K | RTX 4090 | Trident Z5 (2x32GB) | 1TB 980 Pro, 2TB Sabrent Rocket 4+, 2TB 980 Pro, 1TB Sabrent Rocket | HX1200i

Capture PC: Meshify XL | Designare TRX40 | AMD 3960X | 2xRTX 4070 TI | Trident Z (4x16GB) | 2TB 970 Evo Plus, 1TB 970 Evo Plus | Dual HDMI 4K Plus LT, 2xElgato 4K 60 Pro, HX850

Media / Render PC: Corsair 900D (shared) | ASRock X399M | AMD 2970WX | RTX 4070 TI | Trident Z (2x16GB) | 2TB Samsung 970 Evo | 2xElgato HD60 Pro | HX750
Full Room Watercooling: EK X3 400 | EK-XTOP Revo Dual D5 | 4xHardware Labs 560GTX | 16xSilentWings 4 Pro  | EVGA 450 B3

Peripherals: Logitech G502 X |  Wooting 60HE | Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 | Logitech G502 Wireless | Logitech MX Keys Mechanical

Displays: Asus XG35VQ | 2xLG 24UD58-B | LG 65UH6030 | Asus VH242H | BenQ GW2480 | HP 22CWA | Kenowa CNC-1080P | Asus VC39H

Audio Interfaces : RME Fireface UFX+, Scarlett 18i20, RME HDSPe RayDAT, RME HDSPe MADI FX, RME ADI-648, RME ADI-192 DD

Audio Playback: 2xYamaha HS5 & Yamaha HS8s | Sennheiser HD820, Sennheiser IE 500 Pro, Ultimate Ears RR CIEMs

I tried a different cable but to the other PC and that noise is gone. The new cable I have is a bit to short for the computer, but will try with the other cable to this computer and see if there is noise or not.

I will have the mixer at home for a week to try them out, will be fun to see how much the Cloudlifter will do (having the gain so high feels like the sound is very crisp and more sensitiv to pick up other sounds. I guess I havent found the correct setup with the MG10XU yet, but I hear a crackling sound in my headphones when I talk into the mic with the MG10XU (maybe something with this board as it is their barrow board.

It looks like the blue line in on my streaming computer is making the static noise when recording my mic. The gaming computer was good.

Im now on the Yamaha again and when I talk into the mic it's like a robot sound in my headphones (not much, just on some letters, no effect is on). Maybe it's just this board, but overall I just have a better feeling with the Soundcraft.

6 hours ago, RaivenTheTank said:

It looks like the blue line in on my streaming computer is making the static noise when recording my mic. The gaming computer was good.

Im now on the Yamaha again and when I talk into the mic it's like a robot sound in my headphones (not much, just on some letters, no effect is on). Maybe it's just this board, but overall I just have a better feeling with the Soundcraft.

Definitely sounds like their donor board just has some unusual issues.

• 1 month later...
On 11/26/2018 at 8:21 AM, RaivenTheTank said:

Have you sorted this issue out? i know im a little late to the party but i have the MG10XU and would love to help you out if you want. let me know as im new to forum replies and what now

• 3 months later...

I'd be interested in hearing what y'all think of this guy's setup. I'm also in the market for a mixer to satisfy my dual pc stream setup. To make a long story short, I have both the Behringer X1204usb and the MG10xu to play with(thanks to amazon's return policy). I have the Behringer set up as I'm typing and it works fine, but I've read and been told(today at a guitar store) that yamaha is the better choice between the two. I'm afraid to open the yamaha, hear the difference, and think "I need this" but not be able to use it. Buying the mg12xu isn't an option at the moment.

Thoughts on the setup in the vid?