Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help me figure this out!

protato117

So my current build is an MSI H110, G4560, 8GB RAM and a Zotac 1050ti mini... 

I'm wondering why my FURMARK score is different from someone who's essentially got the same build as mine.

I'm aware that GPU's are all manufactured differently, and thus could have slightly varying performance. However, I've noticed that in some games, my FPS drops below 60 in some games. 

The game I tested this on was Battlefield 3. I searched youtube for someone with an identical build to mine, and to my surprise, his game runs well above 80fps - 150fps with the same resolution and graphical settings of 1080p Ultra while mine drops to 30 and has an average of 60-70fps.

I've noticed that while I'm playing BF3, my CPU is at 90-100% utilization, while my GPU only hovers around 40-60% utilization.

Strangely, furmark utilizes 100% on my GPU than CPU... 

Sketch.png

Potatoes are the bacon of vegetables... nuff' said

MOBO: Asrock H67DE3, CPU: Intel Core i5 2400 @3.1GHz, GPU: Asus GTS 450 DirectCU Silent, Ram: 16gb 1333MHz, HDD: WD 1TB Green, PSU: 500 watt

That's called a CPU bottleneck, the CPU is starving the GPU of work.

It's likely the systems you're comparing to are overclocked hence the improved performance.

Furmark is a synthetic GPU benchmark, it's designed to stress the GPU and isn't real world at all. Remember any game has all the actual game calculations to perform on the CPU as well as drawing the game on the GPU.

The solution is get a faster CPU or overclock however remember Battlefield is notoriously a very CPU intensive game anyway, that experience will differ on a game by game basis.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

I am considering a CPU upgrade soon, however, I know the g4560 shouldn't bottleneck a 1050ti, from what I've seen on youtube even a 1060 doesn't get bottlenecked by the g4560.

Just played Borderlands 2, and same thing. CPU is at 100% load while GPU is around 50%, so I actually suspect the issue might be somewhere in my OS or driver, or anything software.

Here's my reference for it not bottlenecking as much as a 1060: 

Potatoes are the bacon of vegetables... nuff' said

MOBO: Asrock H67DE3, CPU: Intel Core i5 2400 @3.1GHz, GPU: Asus GTS 450 DirectCU Silent, Ram: 16gb 1333MHz, HDD: WD 1TB Green, PSU: 500 watt

32 minutes ago, protato117 said:

I am considering a CPU upgrade soon, however, I know the g4560 shouldn't bottleneck a 1050ti, from what I've seen on youtube even a 1060 doesn't get bottlenecked by the g4560.

Just played Borderlands 2, and same thing. CPU is at 100% load while GPU is around 50%, so I actually suspect the issue might be somewhere in my OS or driver, or anything software.

Here's my reference for it not bottlenecking as much as a 1060: 

Go into your UEFI and disable all C States you can find, also disable Speedstep AKA EIST and finally make sure XMP is enabled.

Next boot into Windows, head into Control Panel > Power, click Show More Options and set the power plan to Maximum.

That's everything you can do (outside of overclocking) to speed your CPU up but remember what I said, Battlefield is notoriously a very CPU intensive game anyway.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)