Can't connect second monitor!

Go to solution Solved by Gamer1012,
On 11/15/2018 at 6:27 PM, GER_T4IGA said:

You could mark this solved now ;)

OMG sorry i didnt realise ty

I have an asus rog strix motherboard, and I'm running Intel UHD 630. My motherboard has 1 HDMI port and a DVI port. My main monitor is going straight HDMI to HDMI. My second monitor is going HDMI to a DVI adaptor. That second monitor doesn't work. When ever I turn it on it says no video signal. In settings it does not detect a second monitor.

I don't think your integrated gpu is capable of dual monitors and merely just has two different ports for the same output

reboot the machine with only the dvi monitor connected and see if it outputs a signal

4 minutes ago, emosun said:

I don't think your integrated gpu is capable of dual monitors and merely just has two different ports for the same output

reboot the machine with only the dvi monitor connected and see if it outputs a signal

I unplugged the hdmi monitor and rebooted and now the dvi monitor is working. SO both monitors cant run at the same time?

if you plug the hdmi monitor in and nothing shows up then most likely the gpu isn't capable of dual monitors which is common on integrated gpu's.

you can keep trying the "detect displays" button or try booting with both connected but it may very well not support it

1 minute ago, emosun said:

if you plug the hdmi monitor in and nothing shows up then most likely the gpu isn't capable of dual monitors which is common on integrated gpu's.

you can keep trying the "detect displays" button or try booting with both connected but it may very well not support it

I plugged the HDMI monitor in now and both work! Thank you so much!

1 minute ago, Gamer1012 said:

ah good glad it works

41 minutes ago, Gamer1012 said:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2018 at 6:27 PM, GER_T4IGA said:

OMG sorry i didnt realise ty