240hz Elgato?

pjsmith727

So I stream quite frequently and I'm wondering since an elgato only takes hdmi interface which to my knowledge does not support high refresh (240hz) this would theoretically mean I would not be able to use this refresh rate of the monitor. However would active adapters (DP to HDMI) allow me to trick the elgato, or would the elgato itself have an internal frame limit to make the adapters pointless. Alternatively, if I was to get a full secondary streaming PC, would there be a way for me to capture/pass through the full 240hz so I can still use this monitor to its full extent or is impossible to everyones knowledge

Pretty sure the elgato doesn't care about the monitor, it just receives an input that's independent from whatever the other devices are able to display. If you have a 60hz monitor but your GPU cranks out 120fps you can push 120fps to a capture device which is rated to capture 120.

However there aren't any capture cards can capture 240 fps, and I'm not even sure that any can capture 120.

Essentially if you have a 240hz monitor and you can run games at 240fps, ideally you want a capture card that'll capture 60 of those. That's all. You don't need to do all the frames for your stream. I doubt any platform even supports anything over 60fps anyway.