Water Temps

Hey Guys! I got the Thermaltake Pacific Temperature Sensor.

I have a I9 9900K OC, Asus Rog Maximus XI Formula Motherboard being Watercooled and that is about it for my loop.

I have the Thermaltake 360 Hardline Tubing Kit. (360 Rad + Full Reservoir with D5 Pump)

I would like to know at what temp should I put the alarm for the Sensor to signal me that their is something wrong?

Let me know!
Thanks!

first you would have to run the system for awhile,  to see what sort of fluid temps you got at idle/under load

then you would have an idea what temp to set the alarm at

Just now, Neo-revo said:

first you would have to run the system for awhile,  to see what sort of fluid temps you got at idle/under load

then you would have an idea what temp to set the alarm at

Perfect! Thanks!

1 minute ago, Tscanivel said:

Perfect! Thanks!

Regardless of your system temps, the pump must be kept below 60 degrees for its lifetime, therefore any fan curve should max out at about 55 degrees or so. So I would set the idling temp (usually ambient water temperature + 5~10 degrees) to something passable such as 800 rpm, and ramp the fans between this temperature and 55 degrees or so.

On a related note, are you using this kit with the aluminium radiator? If so, may your loop rest in peace, hopefully your coolant will survive till Christmas.

https://www.thermaltake.com/Cooling/Liquid_Cooler_/LCS_Kits/C_00002905/Pacific_RL360_D5_Hard_Tube_RGB_Water_Cooling_Kit/design.htm

1 minute ago, Tscanivel said:

Perfect! Thanks!

keep in mind unless you have central air or some other climate control system.   that the fluid temps are closely linked to ambient temps, (if you keep you room at 25C  fluid in a closed loop can be no cooler than 25C)     if you get low fluid temps in winter (i open the door for free AC)  and set the alarm low, and it warms up in spring.summer remember to watch/adjust.