Which soundbar should I get?

pommedeterror007

So i currently have a Bose Soundtouch 300 Soundbar + acoustimass Subwoofer. I got it through work but am going to sell it and buy a new soundbar and use the rest of whats left towards a TV. I have lots of options as I have connections that allow me to get great prices. 

Background info. This is for my bedroom but will use this eventually going to be use in a living room. I have a 55 Inch LG UJ7700 TV currently and is wall mounted and the soundbar will be mounted to the TV bracket right under it. I use the ARC Connector to the TV so I dont have to use 2 different remotes, (however with the bose i do have the use the remote to turn it on, switch to HDMI input, I used to have a samsung bar that would turn on and switch inputs automatically which is honestly the most important thing in a soundbar to me. I also need bluetooth as I use it as a normal speaker outside of TV use. Alongside I wish to have either Alexa compatibility and/or google assistant. Below ill list the soundbars I can get and the prices for them.

Bose soundtouch 700 system (soundbar + woofer): 960$ 

Sony HTZ9F                                                            : 620$

Samsung 5.1 N650                                                 : 280$ 

JBL 3.1                                                                    : 330$

Again, Ill be selling my current bose 300 system for about 1000-1100 (hopefully) and will be using the money to buy the soundbar system and the rest toward a TV. Opinions?

If you are considering to spend 960 bucks on a soundbar you can just as well spend it on a receiver and speakers and get real surround and much much better sound.

35 minutes ago, LinusOnLine said:

If you are considering to spend 960 bucks on a soundbar you can just as well spend it on a receiver and speakers and get real surround and much much better sound.

I opted out of that decision, I want a soundbar for space, and simple use. Its just down to a choice of soundbar now.

6 hours ago, pommedeterror007 said:

I opted out of that decision, I want a soundbar for space, and simple use. Its just down to a choice of soundbar now.

Get the HT-Z9F then. It's a Dolby Atmos + DTS:X soundbar & from the way it sounded in the video posted today featuring the soundbar, it sounds really dang good. Plus if you wanted to, you could add the optional wireless satellites later on to improve the sound further. Plus, it comes with a subwoofer which will give you plenty of bass during action-packed movies & TV shows (and maybe music, depending on if you plan on playing music through your TV). Also, I'm pretty sure it'll be better than the Samsung & JBL soundbars you listed alongside the HT-Z9F.

PC Specifications:

CPU: Intel Core i7 13700K

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming Wi-Fi

Memory: 32GB Trident Z5 RGB DDR5 7200 MHz CL34 @ 7600 MHz

GPU: AMD Radeon™ RX 7900 XTX (ASUS TUF Gaming OC Edition)

Storage: 2 TB Western Digital SN850X, 1 TB Western Digital SN850, 2 TB Seagate Momentus SpinPoint M9T

Power Supply: Corsair RM850x (2021)

Case: Fractal Design Torrent (white, non-RGB)

Monitor: TCL 55R617

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow V3 (Quartz)

Mouse: Razer Viper Ultimate Wireless

DAC & Amp: Schiit Modi+ & Schiit Magni+

Headphones: Philips Fidelio X2HR