Types of fans to use in Dark Base Pro 900 case

Crusher21

I've got the Dark Base Pro 900 Rev. 2 case, pictured in the link below. It came preinstalled with 2 140mm Silent Wings 3 fans on the front (intake) and 1 140mm Silent Wings 3 fan on the back (exhaust).

Looking to provide the maximum cooling possible, I purchased 3 Noctua NF-A12x25's and installed them to the top of the case, blowing upward to act as exhaust fans.

I plan on purchasing 2 more NF-A12x25's for the bottom of the case to act as intake.

Am I using the right type of fans? I figure I'd definitely want fans optimized for air flow on the bottom but what about the top? Should I be using ones optimized for static pressure? There's a single vent on the top of the case, it would seem like the air would have a hard time escaping through that vent (although it may also be able to escape through the holes on the side, I'm not sure).

Here is a standard picture of the airflow design of the case: https://images10.newegg.com/BizIntell/item/2AM/0037/2AM-0037-00021/g7_061716.jpg

Top of case: https://www.bequiet.com/admin/ImageServer.php?ID=b3832a17013@be-quiet.net&omitPreview=true&.jpg

I'm going to bump this because I really need an answer and I don't know where else to ask this.

Nothing intelligent to add - i'm asking the same question for the DB 700 RGB.

But I noticed the 140mm be quiet! Silent Wings 3 High-Speed, 7 Blade, PWM, Static Pressure Fan, 1600rpm, 77.57CFM, 28.1dB, FDB, 4-pin

are rated 77.57 Cubic Feet per Meter

while the 140mm be quiet! Silent Wings 3, 7 Blade, PWM, Inaudible Airflow Fan, 1000rpm, 59.5CFM, 15.5dB, Fluid Dynamic, 4-pin

are only 59.5, so despite being "airflow" they actually provide...less...air flow?

Figured i'd contribute this since we're really comparing apples to apples on a broader scale I think.

For the DB 900 I'd unintelligently suggest SP fans over airflow, especially in this instance where you want the pressure to be on the far side of the fan for exhaust purposes, and don't care too much about directional airflow than just getting it through the fan in the right direction..

Edited by Laughingman91
amature opinion

I've heard some people say that you should use SP fans whenever there is a filter in front of the fan but I figure if this was really such a big deal, be quiet! would have included SP fans instead.

I don't know why the SP fan would have a higher CFM. I wish someone who knew a lot about this stuff could hop on this thread.

In any case, I already purchased 2x more of the new Noctua airflow fans for the bottom of my case but I still want to know what the correct solution is here.

On 11/13/2018 at 10:42 AM, Crusher21 said:

I don't know why the SP fan would have a higher CFM.

Which fans are you referring to? If you mean SW3's and PW2's, SW3's are just better and more expensive. 

On 11/10/2018 at 12:45 AM, Crusher21 said:

I plan on purchasing 2 more NF-A12x25's for the bottom of the case to act as intake.

Am I using the right type of fans?

NF-A12x25's are the right fans for just about everything with 120mm fan mounts. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.