9400m 256 MB

MID 2010

specs

2.4 GHz

1-16gb of ram

320m 256MB

3 minutes ago, .Ric. said:

imho no.

Way out of date, not even receiving OS updates anymore. Either stick with Windows, or save up more and get a more recent (used) model that is currently supported.

I Don't need a new one and they can run the latest version using a patch 

5 minutes ago, .Ric. said:

imho no.

Way out of date, not even receiving OS updates anymore. Either stick with Windows, or save up more and get a more recent (used) model that is currently supported.

and they just dropped support this year

2 hours ago, Mattk13 said:

so i am thinking of getting a older macbook for school and video/music editing

2009-2010 macbooks

do you think it is worth it 100-200$

specs 

Late 2009

2.26 Ghz core 2 duo

1-8 gb of ram

9400m 256 MB

MID 2010

specs

2.4 GHz

1-16gb of ram

320m 256MB

C2D models: no.

Core i5 models: depends. From 2nd Gen up, maybe.

Q: Is your budget maxed out at $200?

I can't really recommend buying such an old machine, although I was running a late 2011 MBP 13" up until last year. Fairly fast with an SSD and RAM upgrade and yes, I even edited videos on it and used it for Photoshop. The screen is not the best, the resolution is low and even if you can edit videos with it, expect it to be slow at times and the scrubbing through the timeline can be... slow as well. Especially if you're gonna edit 1080p.

If you really want to buy one and can one in good condition for cheap, here are some key points you should look out for:

- i5 at least 2nd Generation minimum.

- 8 GB RAM minimum.

- Intel GPU only.

(The dedicated GPUs of that era are just junk and will cause more problems than anything else: see https://www.youtube.com/user/rossmanngroup)

- make sure the battery is fairly new or you can get a replacement for cheap.

A better choice would be to save up to around $450-550 and get a 2013ish MBP to be honest. Sometimes you can get the 2013 MBPs cheaper.

Luke Miani - Is it possible to buy a MacBook as a 'budget' laptop:

Luke Miani - 2013 MBP:

Edit:

Luke's Subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/LukeMianiYouTube/

Edited by LexCalifornia
Added Subreddit Link.

“For if we are truly created equal, then surely the love we commit to one another must be equal as well.” 
― Barack Obama

Tech:

Daily Driver: MacBook Pro 15" TB (mid-2018), Intel Core i7-8850H, 16 GB DDR4 2400 MHz, 512 GB SSD, AMD Radeon Pro 560XWeight lifting: Dell Alienware 15 R4, Intel Core i7-8750H, 16 GB DDR4 2400 MHz SK Hynix, Nvidia GTX 1070 on 15" 1080p TN Gsync 120Hz, Intel Pro 7600p PCIe NVMe 256 GB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 15" 1920x1080 TN Gsync 120Hz, Windows 10 Pro, Fedora 30, K.L, P.OS. The Home Panel: Samsung C34H892, 34" Ultra Wide 3440x1440p, VA, 60Hz.

Tumblr - Riot-Company, CA

6 minutes ago, LexCalifornia said:

I can't really recommend buying such an old machine, although I was running a late 2011 MBP 13" up until last year. Fairly fast with an SSD and RAM upgrade and yes, I even edited videos on it and used it for Photoshop. The screen is not the best, the resolution is low and even if you can edit videos with it, expect it to be slow at times and the scrubbing through the timeline can be... slow as well. Especially if you're gonna edit 1080p.

If you really want to buy one and can one in good condition for cheap, here are some key points you should look out for:

- 8 GB RAM minimum.

- Intel GPU only.

(The dedicated GPUs of that era are just junk and will cause more problems than anything else: see https://www.youtube.com/user/rossmanngroup)

A better choice would be to save up to around $450-550 and get a 2013ish MBP to be honest. Sometimes you can get the 2013 MBPs cheaper.

Luke Miani - 2013 MBP:

Edit:

17 minutes ago, LexCalifornia said:

- 8 GB RAM minimum.

- Intel GPU only.

Luke Miani - 2013 MBP:

Edit:

I only want the white unibody ones cause i don't need anything powerfull i just need it for garge band imovie and youtube 

On 11/10/2018 at 10:26 AM, Mattk13 said:

I only want the white unibody ones cause i don't need anything powerfull i just need it for garge band imovie and youtube 

Well then you should watch this:

And this:

And maybe this:

“For if we are truly created equal, then surely the love we commit to one another must be equal as well.” 
― Barack Obama

Tech:

Daily Driver: MacBook Pro 15" TB (mid-2018), Intel Core i7-8850H, 16 GB DDR4 2400 MHz, 512 GB SSD, AMD Radeon Pro 560XWeight lifting: Dell Alienware 15 R4, Intel Core i7-8750H, 16 GB DDR4 2400 MHz SK Hynix, Nvidia GTX 1070 on 15" 1080p TN Gsync 120Hz, Intel Pro 7600p PCIe NVMe 256 GB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 15" 1920x1080 TN Gsync 120Hz, Windows 10 Pro, Fedora 30, K.L, P.OS. The Home Panel: Samsung C34H892, 34" Ultra Wide 3440x1440p, VA, 60Hz.

8 hours ago, LexCalifornia said:

Well then you should watch this:

And this:

And maybe this:

I am not getting this to game i already have a pc that can game 

1 hour ago, Mattk13 said:

I am not getting this to game i already have a pc that can game 

Maybe it was intended to showcase that it's not the slowest machine you can get, performance wise, maybe you could've just watched it^^ -.-

― Barack Obama

Tech:

29 minutes ago, LexCalifornia said:

Maybe it was intended to showcase that it's not the slowest machine you can get, performance wise, maybe you could've just watched it^^ -.-

i did awhile ago