Router connection issue.

mancesco

Hi everyone, I need some help. I have a Sitecom X4 N300 router that services several devices in my house without issue, except for my laptop that since today cannot connect anymore.

Everything was working just fine until today, no changes were made to either the router or the laptop's settings, I've already tested my laptop with other wifi networks and it connects just fine, I have updated the drivers, reinstalled the wifi card and restored the router to factory default (I even triple-checked that the password was correct), but no luck. All I'm getting is an "Unable to connect to this network" message.

For some reason it's just my laptop that is having this issue, every other device is working as usual with the network (speeds and signal strength are as expected). I'm at a loss as to what to try next, except tossing the router out of a window and getting a new one.

My specs:

Dell XPS 15 9560

• Core i7 7700HQ
  • 16GB Ram
  • GTX 1050 4GB
  • Samsung SSD 512GB
  • Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265
  • Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Have you tried turning your firewalls off and see if that allows connectivity? Any type of antivirus, antimalware? Turn those off too.

Yeah tried that too, both on my laptop and the one integrated on the router.

reflash the firmware, it might be corrupted.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

2 hours ago, mancesco said:

Hi everyone, I need some help. I have a Sitecom X4 N300 router that services several devices in my house without issue, except for my laptop that since today cannot connect anymore.

--SNIP--

My specs:

Dell XPS 15 9560

--SNIP--

Have you still got the Killer Network software / suite installed? 

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)