The X99 mobo from Hell (pls help)

Alright here's the story; I bought an msi x99a gaming pro carbon mobo and used it with a 5820k for a long while and wanted to upgrade. I snagged a deal on a xeon 2660V4, and tried to use it. Nothing. Googled around, found that I needed a bios update, so update to latest BIOS 1.3. Try again. Still error 19. I've tried 3 different sticks of ram, going to different BIOS variants after 1.3 and still, that 19 mocks me. I'm losing sleep over this, what is going wrong? Everything works with my 5820k, but nothing with the xeon? I'm almost certain that it works, it does everything except boot. Someone please help me out here.

Just now, Shimejii said:

Some motherboards support Xeons, some dont. Checking compatibility and bios update will help.

Definitely compatible.

Just now, Shimejii said:

CPU actually works?

I don't know, but I just feel like it should. I forgot to mention it is an engineering sample, but it was entirely new when I got it.

engineering samples may have different microcodes. i say return the chip, and swap with a regular one.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

QS works allot more than ES as its the closest to retail chips and arent much more expensive than ES chips (Hi ryan, thinn boy)

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

Engineering samples should NEVER be used with such a grey area compatibility as rather niche xeons on X99--I wouldn't suggest using Engineering sample v2's on X79 or v1's on X58 either.  Remember, in these days Intel was making money hand over fist on their Xeons for servers because AMD simply didn't provide anything that was as fast, flexible or well supported as the early Xeons, so getting them working on certain motherboards when everything is PERFECT can be tricky at best--and even if they're supported on the motherboard vendor's website it may or may not actually work.

I'd suggest trying to contact MSI and see if they might have any solutions.  If it says it's supported they may have some obscure microcode update for your motherboard that will allow it to work.