Upgrading? to a traveling case

ShotDC

hi guys, im back on the forums once more requiring your help, so the thing is that for countrys political reasons i have to move to another country, and the only thing that would really kill me to leave behind would be my pc, hence why i want to use some of the parts i already have to build a smaller pc i can travel with, so i was thinking, what would i need in order to make a small form factor pc i can carry with me in my luggage?

Things i have:

1- GTx 970 g1 gaming

2- 250 ssd

3- 2tb sshd

4- this are the things i might need to leave behind: i5 3570k, motherboard gigabyte ds3h, 8 gb ddr3 ram, rm 650x psu

budget is 300 ish can get to 400, using the old parts can be an option if that budget is too low, say buy a small factor motherboard that can use that i5 i already have.

Hope you guys can help me out here, have a nice one

build a pc in a pizza box 

JK but the bitfenix prodigy comes to mind, how portable are you trying to get? does it need to be rugged?

Current Build

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
  • Sound
  • Operating System

10 minutes ago, ShotDC said:

4- this are the things i might need to leave behind: i5 3570k, motherboard gigabyte ds3h, 8 gb ddr3 ram, rm 650x psu

Why can't you bring the CPU and RAM with you?

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

Just now, Emanbaird said:

build a pc in a pizza box 

JK but the bitfenix prodigy comes to mind, how portable are you trying to get? does it need to be rugged?

hi thanks for taking the time to help :D, i need it to be as small as a ps4 or something like that, maybe like the xbone, just small enough to putt in my hand luggage on the plane

Just now, ShotDC said:

hi thanks for taking the time to help :D, i need it to be as small as a ps4 or something like that, maybe like the xbone, just small enough to putt in my hand luggage on the plane

that's gonna be a little hard because of how thicc new GPU's are. you would probably need something like mini itx and something with a built in PSU

Current Build

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
  • Sound
  • Operating System

Just now, r2724r16 said:

Why can't you bring the CPU and RAM with you?

hi, yeah the thing is i need a small factor pc, small enough to fit in my hand luggage, my current pc is a full tower :c

1 minute ago, ShotDC said:

hi, yeah the thing is i need a small factor pc, small enough to fit in my hand luggage, my current pc is a full tower :c

Can't you just put your CPU and RAM into a pocket of your hand luggage?

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

have you seen the evga hadron?

it is a bit wider than a console but still pretty small

Current Build

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
  • Sound
  • Operating System

the smallest PC case i've seen was the MSI trident, however its a prebuilt system and is well over your budget. but it is much smaller than normal towers

Current Build

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
  • Sound
  • Operating System

Just now, Emanbaird said:

that actually might be a solution, like a boxy case, would it fit in a hand luggage tho?

8 minutes ago, Emanbaird said:

what about the Cooler Master Elite 110??

I was watching some videos last night and i found the inwin a1, you should take a look at it, super compact. the CME 110 is relatively large

Current Build

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard