Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Using a controller

Mugenjynn

I use a keyboard primarily for gaming but I need a controller for playing games like dark souls or other games that utilize controllers better. Any suggestions? Please take into account durability and price .

Just now, Mugenjynn said:

I use a keyboard primarily for gaming but I need a controller for playing games like dark souls or other games that utilize controllers better. Any suggestions? Please take into account durability and price .

If your using Windows 10, I would use a Xbox or PS4 controller.

"Make sense? Oh, what fun is there in making sense?"
-Discord

I personally really like the Switch Pro controller but, the D-pad is a bit broken.

I also have an Xbox one controller which isn't bad but, I prefer the Switch controller.

If you have smaller hands I've heard good things about the Xbox one mini controller.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

Love me some Xbox 360 controllers for 3D games. For 2D, I prefer Playstation style controllers because Xbox 360 DPads are garbage. If I'm playing N64 games or Gamecube games, I prefer to use the original controllers via adapters.

For about the last year I've primarily been using this controller. It's cheap and works well. Only complaints are the DPad is a little sensitive and the A button's label has faded away, but for the price I won't actually complain about it. Quality seems to be fine, as it has survived, which I can't say for the three (more expensive) Logitech controllers I've owned. In my experience, they're garbage and I'd stay away.

i7 2600k @ 4.9GHz 1.47v - EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0 @ 1500mhz - 16GB DDR3 1866MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 250GB SSD - 2x1TB HDD storage - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

-Moved to Peripherals-

The only controller outside of the Wii Remote that I've personally liked is the Xbox One controller.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If my post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // PSU Tier List // Bugs and Issues // Join Floatplane! // Join the LTT Official Discord //

2 hours ago, xKyric said:

If your using Windows 10, I would use a Xbox or PS4 controller.

2 hours ago, Cyberspirit said:

I personally really like the Switch Pro controller but, the D-pad is a bit broken.

I also have an Xbox one controller which isn't bad but, I prefer the Switch controller.

If you have smaller hands I've heard good things about the Xbox one mini controller.

I have 6 broken Xbox one controllers (note that they were used by a lot of people). I don’t believe in Xbox one controllers at all anymore. Even one of their chargers set on fire for me before so.

42 minutes ago, Mugenjynn said:

I have 6 broken Xbox one controllers (note that they were used by a lot of people). I don’t believe in Xbox one controllers at all anymore. Even one of their chargers set on fire for me before so.

Six controllers? 

I know Xbox controllers aren't very durable, but that's still impressive. 

"Make sense? Oh, what fun is there in making sense?"
-Discord

24 minutes ago, xKyric said:

Six controllers? 

I know Xbox controllers aren't very durable, but that's still impressive. 

I over exaggerated a little. More like 4 and the 5th has a messed up usb plug in.

3 hours ago, Mugenjynn said:

I know of multiple controllers me or my brother owned - xbox 360 and xbox one controllers - that both went through literally thousands and thousands of hours of use (2000-4000 hours on 3-4 unique controllers). Not by me, but some controllers were treated poorly (stuff like throwing them, hard) and still never died. Been using xbox controllers since Halo 3 in 2007, at least for me they've been nothing but extremely reliable. Just thought I'd share my experience. I have since moved on from my gaming addiction and don't use them anywhere near as much, but I can say the controllers I owned were damn good.

Gaming - Ryzen 5600x | 32GB 3200mhz  Vega 56 | 1TB NVME | 500GB NVME

Home Server - Ryzen 2700x | 16GB 3400mhz |  RX 550 | 500GB NVME 11x2TB HDD 

45 minutes ago, suchamoneypit said:

I know of multiple controllers me or my brother owned - xbox 360 and xbox one controllers - that both went through literally thousands and thousands of hours of use (2000-4000 hours on 3-4 unique controllers). Not by me, but some controllers were treated poorly (stuff like throwing them, hard) and still never died. Been using xbox controllers since Halo 3 in 2007, at least for me they've been nothing but extremely reliable. Just thought I'd share my experience. I have since moved on from my gaming addiction and don't use them anywhere near as much, but I can say the controllers I owned were damn good.

You are either lucky or lying. I believe you if your talking about 360 controllers. I’ve even been sold broken Xbox 1 controllers 

I have a Xbox 360 Gamepad, (Logitech) and it's really comfy. But i used PS4 controller for more time, and it's good but not on the level of the Xbox 360 Gamepad. Also the Gamepad is cheaper (Around 25$) when the PS4 controller costs 50-60$