checking phone battery level on PC?

EYT

was wondering if there is a way (app/setting etc.) to see how much battery I got left on my mobile device...

I found the app potential which allows you to do it but unfortunately, it only works on Win 8.

Just now, Txe said:

There is a setting on all devices I’m pretty sure

can you lead me there? i just couldn't find anything :P 

6 minutes ago, EYT said:

can you lead me there? i just couldn't find anything :P 

I’m sorry I use a desktop so I don’t know where to look but I think you go to settings then to power settings otherwise check a guide

1 minute ago, Txe said:

I’m sorry I use a desktop so I don’t know where to look but I think you go to settings then to power settings otherwise check a guide

I think I wasn't clear enough :P

I meant seeing my phone's battery on the PC

5 minutes ago, Mholes said:

Shouldn't WIN7/8/8.1 apps work on WIN10?

well, I couldn't find the app here...and now that I check again I can't even find the program on the phone... 

If it runs android you can try to use airdroid.

Basically allows you to surf to your phone and do stuff with it, shoud include checking the battery level.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

34 minutes ago, EYT said:

was wondering if there is a way (app/setting etc.) to see how much battery I got left on my mobile device...

I found the app potential which allows you to do it but unfortunately, it only works on Win 8.

Well Microsoft is doing on going work to make your Android phone an extension of your PC.

Here is is what is out:

• If you have Cortana on your phone, some notification such as battery level and miss ed calls are sync to your PC.
  • "Your Phone" app allows you view your phone picture wirelessly on your PC (including drag a picture from your phone and drop on a document in whatever program or something) and Send and Receive SMS's from your PC.
  • Coming soon to "Your Phone" is using phone apps on your PC (streams) and, although not yet announced that it is coming, resume a phone call from your phone to your PC.
  • If your phone support sending the battery info via Bluetooth, Windows 10 will show the battery status under the "Bluetooth & other device" section of the Settings panel (under Devices).

While not exactly what you are looking for, hope this helps in some way to get something close, or something to look forward in the future.

13 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

If it runs android you can try to use airdroid.

Basically allows you to surf to your phone and do stuff with it, shoud include checking the battery level.

can't find a battery notification setting there... also it sends a big notification with sound for every message I get... annoying :P just want battery

13 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Well Microsoft is doing on going work to make your Android phone an extension of your PC.

Here is is what is out:

• If you have Cortana on your phone, some notification such as battery level and miss ed calls are sync to your PC.
  • "Your Phone" app allows you view your phone picture wirelessly on your PC and Send and Receive SMS's from your PC.
  • Coming soon to "Your Phone" is using phone apps on your PC (streams) and, although not yet announced that it is coming, resume a phone call from your phone to your PC.
  • If your phone support sending the battery info via Bluetooth, Windows 10 will show the battery status under the "Bluetooth & other device" section of the Settings panel (under Devices).

in Cortana I didn't find a setting showing battery life.. only notification meaning when I get to 15% I guess... also it didn't seem to connect to my PC.. might take some time

"your phone" is basically a windows launcher for your phone that has the option to sync... I don't want to change my phone for a tiny battery notification so that's out of the question.

seems like there isn't much for this unless you give up on some stuff... bummer :P

18 minutes ago, EYT said:

in Cortana I didn't find a setting showing battery life.. only notification meaning when I get to 15% I guess...

Yes, this is what I meant. Not idea, I know... but something.

also it didn't seem to connect to my PC.. might take some time

You need a Microsoft linked account on your PC, have Cortana enabled on the PC, and you need to use the same account in Cortana on your phone.

"your phone" is basically a windows launcher for your phone that has the option to sync... I don't want to change my phone for a tiny battery notification so that's out of the question.

huh? It streams select content from your phone to your PC without touching the web.

I am not talking about Microsoft Launcher on Android (that said, it is very good one if you check reviews.. but anyway that is completely different).

40 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Yes, this is what I meant. Not idea, I know... but something.

You need a Microsoft linked account on your PC, have Cortana enabled on the PC, and you need to use the same account in Cortana on your phone.

huh? It streams select content from your phone to your PC without touching the web.

I am not talking about Microsoft Launcher on Android (that said, it is very good one if you check reviews.. but anyway that is completely different).

I think I have my windows account connected on both.. Weird 

And I couldn't find a way in "your phone" to just connect it... It sends me directly to download the launcher.. 

You can try trackmydevice if you are on android coz it also shows battery percentage but you will get a notification every time you do so and i think you can also do it with apple cloud if on ios