• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Xbox controller water damage

a7mddiaa

My xbox controller pcb got some damage after water

i just want to know if this will affect it

673FE569-5924-497C-B0FC-51291B5F6A5E.jpeg

i know some of you are gonna say why not just try and the reason why is the enclosing of it is broken so am 3d printing a new one 

so i dont want to waste my money if its not gonna work anyway

If it simply got wet and you haven't turned it on since it got wet, just let it dry out before turning it on and it should be fine.

I think that it would only possibly get damaged if it was powered on while wet, and water created a short between components that normally aren't supposed to connect together, and that caused some damage.

If it was powered on when it got wet, and it malfunctioned, then there might be damage to it.

4 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

If it simply got wet and you haven't turned it on since it got wet, just let it dry out before turning it on and it should be fine.

I think that it would only possibly get damaged if it was powered on while wet, and water created a short between components that normally aren't supposed to connect together, and that caused some damage.

If it was powered on when it got wet, and it malfunctioned, then there might be damage to it.

ye i thought so at the beginning but the white dots began to worry me

and no am not dumb enough to power it on while in water XD

The picture is very blurry, and I can't make out what the white stuff is. Did it change colour around those square parts?

Just now, a7mddiaa said:

You should clean it off at first, of course be sure it is fully powered off and then just clean it with a toothbrush (that you don't intend on using in your mouth anymore) with some water or alcohol on it. Of course make sure to dry everything and not let huge amounts of water sit on it. 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Well, that doesn't look good. Did that white stuff leak out of the square components? Did they warp in shape or bloat at all?

Those squares sort of look like they're just solder. In which case, I'd wonder where the white stuff is coming from. Is it just flux residue that reacted with water?