Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Buying Used

Lukegoboom1

With graphics card being like they have been, should I choose to buy a more powerful used GPU vs a less powerful new GPU? My current planned build has a 1070 for around $360. I've looked on Ebay and I see 1070s going for ~$250 and 1070ti going for ~$300, so I'm wondering if it's a good idea for a used 1070ti or a 1080 even?

used is good , pick a good seller with good feedback and return options , ect....

When going with used cards, it's important to go with reputable sellers who preferably took good care of their cards (safe overclocking, no mining, etc). If the card was well-kept, it should last you at least a good two years or so. If the card was mined with, you're likely going to have to replace the thermal paste and worry about the fans possibly dying on you. If you're confident that you can get a used card that was cared for via eBay, then by all means go for it. If not, get a new card.

print "Hello World!" ("Hello World!")

2 minutes ago, Lukegoboom1 said:

With graphics card being like they have been, should I choose to buy a more powerful used GPU vs a less powerful new GPU? My current planned build has a 1070 for around $360. I've looked on Ebay and I see 1070s going for ~$250 and 1070ti going for ~$300, so I'm wondering if it's a good idea for a used 1070ti or a 1080 even?

Buying New is Great if you want a better price to performance. But be careful. Make sure you trust the person who your buying off. Make sure they have the receipt. Make sure that its in warranty. I would suggest paying via paypal if you are a bit paranoid. They offer AMAZING customer support and they will refund the payment much easier than you Bank if you get scammed.

idk tbh

get 1070Ti, it's newer than 1080 you'll be buying and with overclock it can pretty much match 1080 performance for less money, btw at my place 1070Ti new is $400 so people mostly buy that