Windows load from usb @ startup

Oshion

Hello, I'm trying to figure out if its possble, to set up a usb stick as a storage device for my windows profile. So when I try to login on a college computer the profile setting will be read from the usb stick. Because the computer get wiped of all profiles. Does anyone have any ideas?

Are you talking about a local account?

When you login on a computer on a campus you aren't logging into a local account you're logging into a domain account hosted on a server somewhere on or off the campus.

For what reason would you want to do this? Just use the thumb drive to carry your files and use it as you need to access your files. The colleges also often give students small storage shares on the network so you don't even really need a thumb drive either.

Campus with a domain hosted on a server.

Reason: Every time I login into the windows 10 computer it takes about 10 min to login through the "HI" screen. Just wanted to see if I can short'an that amount time it takes to login.

1 minute ago, Oshion said:

Campus with a domain hosted on a server.

Reason: Every time I login into the windows 10 computer it takes about 10 min to login through the "HI" screen. Just wanted to see if I can short'an that amount time it takes to login.

The way to do this would be to change the boot priority in the bios from what is probably network storage to usb device. However any computer you use this on must be changed to do this and it is probably not allowed on your campus.

1 minute ago, Alexzz_ said:

The way to do this would be to change the boot priority in the bios from what is probably network storage to usb device. However any computer you use this on must be changed to do this and it is probably not allowed on your campus.

:( sorta what i figured, thanks for your reply