OnePlus 6 vs 6T

LUUD18

I am really struggling between the OP 6 and the 6T.

Reasons why I want to buy the OP 6T:

- Bigger battery

- In-screen fingerprint scanner

- Newer (so longer OS updates?)

- Small notch

Reasons why I want to buy the OP 6:

- 3.5mm jack

- Notification led

- Faster fingerprint scanner

I am also looking at the S9+ but I don't like the speed/quality of the samsung os and their support.

Do you guys know any more differences between the 6 and the 6T and what advice would you give?

PC: Case: Cooler Master CM690 II - PSU: Cooler Master G650M - RAM: Transcend 4x 8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz - MoBo: Gigabyte Z87x-D3H - CPU: i5 4670K @ 4.5Ghz - GPU: MSI GTX1060 ARMOR OC - Hard disks: 4x 500Gb Seagate enterprise in RAID 0 - SSD: Crucial M4 128Gb

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S6

If you are interested in flashing roms I would stick with One Plus Phones, as for what version I personally getting 6T just for bigger battery and bigger screen/smaller notch. If you already have wireless headphones and you don't mind bit slower fingerprint unlock I would get 6t.

Also new phone doesn't mean longer OS updates.

Personally S9+ is much better phone but the OS is really shit imo and development on S9+ is rather lacking compare to one plus phones. This is mainly due to the price and how easy to unlock boot-loader and provided source codes.

I personally going to get 6t later this year because I know some great developers just got 6t and they are starting development. As my 3t battery is already showing it age at 2 years and might retire it as another home assistant display.

Magical Pineapples

I've been using the OP 6 for the past couple of months, I know it's just down to the individual but I find it quite easy to ignore the notch. As far as battery goes, it easily lasts me 2 days on a full charge. A day if I'm really hammering it. 

I was considering waiting for the 6T but my Nexus 6P's battery fell of a cliff so I bit the bullet and got the 6. I am glad I did because the lack of a headphone jack is a deal breaker for me. I wonder what my options will be like in 2020/21 if OP doesn't even have the headphone jack anymore. ?

2 minutes ago, WeeKiwi7 said:

I've been using the OP 6 for the past couple of months, I know it's just down to the individual but I find it quite easy to ignore the notch. As far as battery goes, it easily lasts me 2 days on a full charge. A day if I'm really hammering it. 

I was considering waiting for the 6T but my Nexus 6P's battery fell of a cliff so I bit the bullet and got the 6. I am glad I did because the lack of a headphone jack is a deal breaker for me. I wonder what my options will be like in 2020/21 if OP doesn't even have the headphone jack anymore. ?

Pretty confident in saying that the op6 will be the last phone you buy with a headphone jack. Samsung are the only ones left and they’re rumored to remove it in 2019 

The headphone jack is just one of those things that you wish you have when you need it. When you are in an older car for instance and it only has an aux cable. I know there is a dongle included but surely there is gonna be times that you forget to bring it with you just when you need it.

PC: Case: Cooler Master CM690 II - PSU: Cooler Master G650M - RAM: Transcend 4x 8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz - MoBo: Gigabyte Z87x-D3H - CPU: i5 4670K @ 4.5Ghz - GPU: MSI GTX1060 ARMOR OC - Hard disks: 4x 500Gb Seagate enterprise in RAID 0 - SSD: Crucial M4 128Gb

1 hour ago, LUUD18 said:

I am really struggling between the OP 6 and the 6T.

Well between the two of them i think the OP 6T is an obvious choice. I'd take it if i wasn't an OP5 user. Waitin for the OP7 here...

Just now, Settlerteo said:

Well between the two of them i think the OP 6T is an obvious choice. I'd take it if i wasn't an OP5 user. Waitin for the OP7 here...

Why is it an obvious choice for you? For me there are more cons then pros: No 3.5mm, slower fingerprint reader.

40 minutes ago, LUUD18 said:

Why is it an obvious choice for you? For me there are more cons then pros: No 3.5mm, slower fingerprint reader.

First of all fingerprint sensor n the back is a no deal for me, and that's why i chose op5 instead of op5T last year. Secondly it's a new technology it's ok to be a bit slower. 3.5 jack missing doesn't bother me a lot. The adaptor is just fine by me. 
To conclude what i see is a better design, bigger battery, 128 GB internal storage as the "smallest" edition and a fngerprint scanner nicely interpreted in the front glass(with a great animation when activated).

6 and 6t will probably get the same amount of Updates.

Like Oneplus 3 and 3t. Both get Android 9 Pie update. For the OP 3 it's the 3rd Major update, for the OP 3t it's the second.

I personally would go with the 6t.

In-screen fingerprint might not be as fast, but it's still quite good. And huge pro: Front > Back.

MUCH bigger batterylife. Well, at least 10-20% more.

Notch looks better, and a few Pixels more due to slightly smalelr Chin.

Notification LED... i honestly wonder if i'll miss it.

However, take a different approach to this one: This year, something called "Digital Wellbeeing" came into Android as well as iOS.

Software implemented, to help us get things done as fast as possible, help us monitor our usage, and then instead making us use the device more, helping us to focus more on Real Life.

No Notification LED will have the advantage, that you won't look at your device every 5 seconds like a meth addict who hasn't had anything since 12 hours, going like "omg a new notification i need to stop everything i do".

Instead, whenever you actually have spare time in your Life, THEN you can take your phone, look what's up, get it done, and go back to Life. Life beeing Work, time with your friends/Family etc.

Or..... i'm looking for reasons, and i will miss it. Lol.

3.5mm Headphone Jack: I prefer wired headphones, and i will ever do that. I personally find bluetooth headphones (inear, overear, anything) much less convenient than wired.

But: Since everyone jumps on that, it makes no sense taking a worse phone just because of this, when other things are worse (like Software optimization etc).

I will try the Adapter and see for myself, how the Audioquality will be compared to the 3.5mm Jack of my S7 Edge. If it's just as good or better, i'm fine with it.

Instead, i rather take a MUCH bigger battery. Battery Life can't be replaced by anything other than more battery Life.

Other than that, if you prefer Rear Sensor + Headphone Jack so much more, take the 6 for a better Price. It's still the same Performance.

10 hours ago, WeeKiwi7 said:

LG with their quad dac headphone jack FTW!!!

Just bought the 6T :)