Msi gs65 vs hp spectre x360 '15 2019

Hello guys,

I am looking for a new laptop i want to game with it and do some autocad for study it doesnt need to do al the work because i have a very good pc at home but for at school i want some power to and ofcourse that i can game occasionally.

So i want to buy the msi gs65 but the hp spectre always was in my mind and now with the new model i dont know i can comes with a gtx1050ti and the msi with gtx1060 can you guys enlighten me.

Thanks in advance

The new Spectre x360 15 has 1050TI Max-Q. However, I doubt it can handle the heat considering that it already struggle to keep KBL-G cool

GS65 has mediocre cooling and OKish build quality. Moreover, the maintenance is extremely difficult.

1 hour ago, Gio008 said:

autocad

Where are you from? Budget? Any preference on weight and battery life? Any other requirements?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

I have posted antoher thread on the msi gs65 and u already answered on there but i was wondering is the gtx1050 maxq enough because i really dont know i love them both so really though discision

7 minutes ago, Gio008 said:

but i was wondering is the gtx1050 maxq enough

Depends on your usage. For AutoCAD, Quadro is better

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

On 11/7/2018 at 3:51 AM, Gio008 said:

So msi or hp?

Honestly neither are appealing choices. Moreover for your use case with autocad both are very poor choices.

The gs65 is going to overheat, qc is poor at best, it is super loud under load.

The hp is going to overheat and throttle.

Between the two I would take the hp, but you are going to be disappointed either way. Neither is going to last very long.

8 hours ago, markr54632 said:

it is super loud under load

GS65 isn't that loud under load compared to other thin and light gaming/performance laptops, that's why it could be a reason of the mediocre cooling despite slightly better cooling design compare to Aero 15/15X

8 hours ago, markr54632 said:

The hp is going to overheat and throttle

This is partially true, but not for the MX150 25W model. It will not overheat (firmware designed for convertibles), just throttle.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

27 minutes ago, GeneXiS_X said:

GS65 isn't that loud under load compared to other thin and light gaming/performance laptops, that's why it could be a reason of the mediocre cooling despite slightly better cooling design compare to Aero 15/15X

This is partially true, but not for the MX150 25W model. It will not overheat (firmware designed for convertibles), just throttle.

He asked about the 1050ti model tho.

And are you sure? I've played with more than a few gs65 and they are very loud with coolerboost enabled, which is almost necessary to keep them under 60 at idle.

18 minutes ago, markr54632 said:

with coolerboost enabled

that's why

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

10 minutes ago, GeneXiS_X said:

that's why

With the gs65 running the factory fan curve really isnt an option. It's either coolerboost or custom fan curve. Under the factory fan curve you are going to be sitting at 50-70 degrees celcius at idle and thermal throttling real quick under moderate load.

24 minutes ago, markr54632 said:

With the gs65 running the factory fan curve really isnt an option

Even with max fans, it will still throttle in heavy load. LM is needed.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

14 minutes ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Even with max fans, it will still throttle in heavy load. LM is needed.

It will throttle under light to medium load. Under heavy load it's a snail.

Liquid metal isnt really the answer. The cooling solution is past its limits. Transferring heat more efficiently between materials does not fix an insufficient cooling solution.

I want to buy my laptop with the blackfriday coming up and the hp isnt yet out soo i really am doubting

And i am not using autocad for big things