Good way to get rid of microphone EMI?

mattdmg

I have the Sennheiser PC37x and I think the microphone is picking up a lot of EMI from the onboard jacks. 

I am wondering if there is a good way software or hardware to get rid of the EMI. According to this the noise I am hearing is exactly like the top example, electromagnetic interference. I tried the software option it provides but the end result makes my voice sound dry and unpleasing. The hardware solution they say is to buy an external USB sound card. I have two of them already and neither work with my microphone. For some reason, the mic hardly works on it. My voice comes through as static on both USB sound cards.

Since I tried both solutions they've provided and they both didn't work well for me, I am trying to see if there is anything else I can try.

At this point, I think my only option is to get an internal sound card I can plug into my motherboard. I don't think my motherboard has the best onboard audio to start with because it's a cheap budget motherboard from several years back. 

Aw man I was going to link you my post but it seems you've already tried it :(  (Yep, I wrote all that stuff for Antlion)

Which USB sound cards do you have? I tested DOZENS of them, so I can probably tell you if changing that may help you. The fact the mic doesn't work with either is very strange, so I do want to be sure you're selecting the right device and don't have the windows permissions set incorrectly. To double check that please 

1. Press the Windows key and search for "microphone privacy settings;"
  2. Select "Allow access to the microphone on this device;"
  3. Switch "Allow apps to access your microphone" to ON.

Director of Marketing for Antlion Audio, creators of the ModMic.

More info at www.ModMic.com

Ask questions, I'm friendly!

3 hours ago, AAJoe said:

Aw man I was going to link you my post but it seems you've already tried it :(  (Yep, I wrote all that stuff for Antlion)

Which USB sound cards do you have? I tested DOZENS of them, so I can probably tell you if changing that may help you. The fact the mic doesn't work with either is very strange, so I do want to be sure you're selecting the right device and don't have the windows permissions set incorrectly. To double check that please 

1. Press the Windows key and search for "microphone privacy settings;"
  2. Select "Allow access to the microphone on this device;"
  3. Switch "Allow apps to access your microphone" to ON.

Yeah, that still didn't work either because everything was already set to on. I ordered an internal sound card yesterday to try that instead as it wasn't too expensive. 

Thanks. That post you wrote was very informative too