my disk is running with errors,how can i fix it

I'm sorry if i said some wrong,my english is poor.Last week,my wd hdd became very slow,and some times it report i/o errors,i check out the s.m.a.r.t of the disk,and i find error 01 and error c6,up to now ,i tried to format the disk on windows,but  it stucked and then windows bluescreen.The disk is out of warranty period.I want to know ,if i can fix it my self,or i should just buy a new disk(i don't want to pay to much money to fix this drive).Do you guys have good tools to fix drives,even in dos or linux,that is ok.Please help me.Thanks a lot!

Seems like your disk is dead I would get partition magic and see if it reports any thing else 

Beth Foster

Xbox Modder, Network Person, Aussie

2 minutes ago, ms-DOS said:

Seems like your disk is dead I would get partition magic and see if it reports any thing else  

Ok,I will try thank you very much

Yeah get the latest version of a ubuntu live CD and use GParted.

I'm gonna go find my own tech support...

with BLACKJACK and HOOKERS!

(Welcome to LTT Forums)

Download crystaldiskinfo, run it, select the "broken" disk and make a screenshot. Upload it here so we can see.

If you can't boot Windows, you'll need to go the live Linux route.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

1 hour ago, NelizMastr said:

Download crystaldiskinfo, run it, select the "broken" disk and make a screenshot. Upload it here so we can see.

If you can't boot Windows, you'll need to go the live Linux route.

this is what crystaldiskinfo saidpic.jpg.24f02dafd8de305b7fad9fc77cf7b755.jpg

4 minutes ago, unreal-dream said:

this is what crystaldiskinfo said

RIP. Time to buy a new drive. Since it's only a read error problem it's likely the controller is to blame, but these disks are full USB usually so you can't take it out and have it be a SATA with a converter.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro