GTA V PS3 Question

Antoine Kamarovszki
Go to solution Solved by comicsansms,
37 minutes ago, Antoine Kamarovszki said:

I've got a PS3 Slim and the only game I play is GTA V. 

1.) how do I quit GTA and return to main menu? I don't see a 'quit game' option anywhere. (I'm new to consoles - lol)

2.) the dvd reader's loud, when it reads data from disc (all the time) it sounds like a printer. So...,

- - a.) is it possible to remove the hard drive at all?

- - b.) if yes, should I buy a SATA SSD and use it instead of an HDD then buy the digital version (downloadable) of GTA V? I know the map/texture load times wouldn't benefit much from the SSD itself because it uses SATA3 not - to my knowledge - but I believe a mechanical drive would generate more heat than an SSD. Not to mention that it's silent as well! Is that correct? 

3.) Does the digital version (the downloadable game) still have that weird "texture pop-in" issue? 

Thanks!

There's not a main menu for the PlayStation 3 version of GTA V, you can press a button to go to online mode, or it will just load your GTA V save file. Same thing applies with every other GTA on PlayStation.

(No need for a main menu)

You can replace the HDD with an SSD, yes. I bought a PS3 SuperSlim just so I could play GTA V - only problem, was the intergrated 12GB of flash storage wasn't enough to run GTA V off - so I ended up slapping in a 2.5" laptop HDD. IDK about the Slim, but the super slim, you slide the left hand side panel (I think it was the left), and under that was just a caddy (or lack of caddy, since sony didn't include caddy's on 12GB consoles), where you could replace the existing HDD.

I don't know what you mean by the weird texture-pop-in issue. Maybe you mean textures not loading? that sound like a sad HDD. I had a PC with a dying HDD, and GTA V would be textureless because it couldn't read the HDD fast enough.

1.) how do I quit GTA and return to main menu? I don't see a 'quit game' option anywhere. (I'm new to consoles - lol)

2.) the dvd reader's loud, when it reads data from disc (all the time) it sounds like a printer. So...,

- - b.) if yes, should I buy a SATA SSD and use it instead of an HDD then buy the digital version (downloadable) of GTA V? I know the map/texture load times wouldn't benefit much from the SSD itself because it uses SATA3 not - to my knowledge - but I believe a mechanical drive would generate more heat than an SSD. Not to mention that it's silent as well! Is that correct? 

3.) Does the digital version (the downloadable game) still have that weird "texture pop-in" issue? 

Thanks!

1. For GTA you dont. You're constantly in game. Press the playstation button to go home.

2. What does the disc drive have to do with the hard drive? Yes you can get an SSD, but the performance change is minimal.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

4 minutes ago, Antoine Kamarovszki said:

I got a PS3 Slim and the only game I play is GTA V. 

1.) how do I quit game GTA V and return to main menu? I don't see a quit game option anywhere. (I'm new to consoles)

2.) the dvd reader is kinda loud when it reads it sounds like a printer. so,

- - a.) is it possible to take out the hard drive at all?

- - b.) if yes, should I buy a SATA SSD and use it instead of HDD; and then buy the digital version (downloadable) of GTA V? I know the map load times or texture load times wouldn't benefit much from the SSD as it doesn't use SATA3 as far as I know but I think a mechanical drive would generate more heat than a flash based drive such as an SSD. Is it correct? Also it's silent.

3.) Does the digital version (the downloadable) still have this weird "texture pop-in" issue? 

Thanks!

idk about ps3, but i had gta 5 on xbox 360 and there was no main menu, literally the moment you started the game it brought you right into the map, then the pause button was the only menu. so no, i dont think there is a main menu

as for the other questions, i couldnt say sorry.. never had a ps3, my first playstation device was a psp, and my first playstation console was ps4

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

1. For GTA you dont. You're constantly in game. Press the playstation button to go home.

2. What does the disc drive have to do with the hard drive? Yes you can, but the performance change is minimal.

Well if I installed an SSD I'd get the downloadable version of the game so I wouldn't have to use the disc and that would solve the loud sound problem.

2 minutes ago, Antoine Kamarovszki said:

Well if I installed an SSD I'd get the downloadable version of the game so I wouldn't have to use the disc and that would solve the loud sound problem.

Seems like youre spending a little much on a ps3. 

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

21 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Seems like youre spending a little much on a ps3. 

Just because it's old I can't love it? I can't worship my PS3? -.-

37 minutes ago, Antoine Kamarovszki said:

Thanks!

There's not a main menu for the PlayStation 3 version of GTA V, you can press a button to go to online mode, or it will just load your GTA V save file. Same thing applies with every other GTA on PlayStation.

(No need for a main menu)

You can replace the HDD with an SSD, yes. I bought a PS3 SuperSlim just so I could play GTA V - only problem, was the intergrated 12GB of flash storage wasn't enough to run GTA V off - so I ended up slapping in a 2.5" laptop HDD. IDK about the Slim, but the super slim, you slide the left hand side panel (I think it was the left), and under that was just a caddy (or lack of caddy, since sony didn't include caddy's on 12GB consoles), where you could replace the existing HDD.

I don't know what you mean by the weird texture-pop-in issue. Maybe you mean textures not loading? that sound like a sad HDD. I had a PC with a dying HDD, and GTA V would be textureless because it couldn't read the HDD fast enough.

12 minutes ago, Antoine Kamarovszki said:

Just because it's old I can't love it? I can't worship my PS3? -.-

Not saying its an issue, just proposing that the money you'll spend on modifying and buying GTA V for the second time could have been spent on a PS4.

10 hours ago, Slottr said:

Not saying its an issue, just proposing that the money you'll spend on modifying and buying GTA V for the second time could have been spent on a PS4.

Here we go again...I bought PS3 for a reason, you know. Damn. I could have bought a PS4 Pro, even. I didn't. I chose PS3. 

PlayStation 3 for life baby, f*ck a PS4.