Windows server 2016, program won't install

Niccolo
Go to solution Solved by LukeSavenije,
Just now, Niccolo said:

Hi,

I just bought a vps with windows server 2016. I didn't think there would be a problem with programs not wanting to install on windows server. How could i solve this issue. There isn't a server version of the program. What could I do?

most programs that work on windows will work on windows server. but there are exeptions, mainly in security. it could be a problem, it could not. and if you really need certain programs to work, why not use hyperv with a windows 10 licence?

Hi,

I just bought a vps with windows server 2016. I didn't think there would be a problem with programs not wanting to install on windows server. How could i solve this issue. There isn't a server version of the program. What could I do?

Just now, Niccolo said:

Hi,

most programs that work on windows will work on windows server. but there are exeptions, mainly in security. it could be a problem, it could not. and if you really need certain programs to work, why not use hyperv with a windows 10 licence?

Thankyou for you reply, I didn't get a very fast vps and i only want to run one program, that syncs two could accounts. Would running hyperv with windows 10 hurt my performace a lot?

6 minutes ago, Niccolo said:

Thankyou for you reply, I didn't get a very fast vps and i only want to run one program, that syncs two could accounts. Would running hyperv with windows 10 hurt my performace a lot?

it will only use what you give it. you can use hyperv, vmware or virtualbox for that. so if you give it 2 cores, it will utilize 2 cores. if you give it 4 gigs, it will use 4 gigs. just like that

32 minutes ago, Niccolo said:

You're still very vague. You could just tell us exactly what you want to do with this VPS or a local Hyper-v instance ;)  which application?

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro