Best NVMe SSD for laptop?

zhubaohi

So I just ordered the 256GB version of Thinkpad X1carbon (with the recent 35% deal of course), and want to swap the crappy SSD comes with it. I do not have a lot of experience when it comes to SSD, so what options do I have? I'm looking for a 500GB or 1TB SSD with decent quality and reasonable price.

Thanks in advance for any help.

5 minutes ago, shmoochie said:

Pick a Samsung brand 

It's just there are too many options, even for samgsung alone. There are PRO and EVO series, 970/960/860/850 series, so I really do not know which one to pick.

8 minutes ago, zhubaohi said:

It's just there are too many options, even for samgsung alone. There are PRO and EVO series, 970/960/860/850 series, so I really do not know which one to pick.

970 evo impo 

970 evo/pro is the best.

but you can go with anything that has good durability from a company like adata, crusial (micron), samsung, intel

18 minutes ago, zhubaohi said:

on most laptops only one M.2 slot is pcie speeds the other is sata so thats something to consider, I looked on the lenovo website for your laptop and i think yours is like that ( https://www.lenovo.com/au/en/laptops/thinkpad/thinkpad-x/ThinkPad-X1-Carbon-6th-Gen/p/22TP2TXX16G its under techspecs) so check what speed you current ssd, if its pcie speed I would get a 1tb samsung 860 evo, if its sata speeds get what ever 970evo you can afford

i7-8700k @ 5GHz || MSI Z370 Sli Plus || Gigabyte G1 Gaming GeForce GTX 1080 || 250GB 970 EVO NVMe SSD, 250GB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Black HDD, 4TB WD Blue HDD

Corsair Vengeance RGB CL141818 3200Mhz 2x8GB || Corsair Obsidian 500d RGB SE || Corsair H150i || Corsair RM750x || Acer Predator XB241H, Acer G257HL

4 hours ago, Picklestine said:

if its pcie speed I would get a 1tb samsung 860 evo, if its sata speeds get what ever 970evo you can afford

860 evo it is. Thanks