Motherboard for fx 8320

Arun
Go to solution Solved by Guest GRRigger,

Can I reach 4ghz atleast on gd 46 ?

yes, but no overvolting, infact try to undervolt

Hi guys..juz wbudget or ask whether a fx 8320 will work fully with a msi 970 gd 46...?

Or are there any other better 970 mb fir 8320 ?

Or should i get a 990fx mb ??

I am tight on budget..

What's your exact budget? If you can afford Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3, GD65V2 from MSI, or Asus M5A99X EVO or whatever it is called, get that. If that's too expensive, the G46 you posted will be fine, you just won't be able to OC a lot.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

it will work, but for big overclocking id say ud3 and ud3p are cheapest options

It will work fine. What is your budget? ​And please use correct spellings... People hate it... Especially dead Jobs...

i hate appel. :P

It will work fine. What is your budget? ​And please use correct spellings... People hate it... Especially dead Jobs...

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

it will work, but for big overclocking id say ud3 and ud3p are cheapest options

i hate appel. :P

Can I atleast oc to 4.3 ?

Typing on mobile....so sorry for spell mistakes..!

What's your exact budget? If you can afford Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3, GD65V2 from MSI, or Asus M5A99X EVO or whatever it is called, get that. If that's too expensive, the G46 you posted will be fine, you just won't be able to OC a lot.

yes, but no overvolting, infact try to undervolt

100 bucks. GA-990FXA-UD3,

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128651

Past that The Asus or Gigabyte 990fx. Get whatever one is cheaper/on sale. They can go for 120ish on sale. I wouldn't run anything else on 8320/50. They are not low voltage chips and like a high quality/number of power phases on the MB even at stock. Going cheap on the MB is just going to cause you frustration in the long run. Skimping on PSU if you are going to OC is also a bad move. 

The cheaper boards are fine for 6300 FX. Stepping up to a 8320/50 costs more money then just the chip, if you want it to run well/oc. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.