Failing miserably at making a program that literally does nothing for discord

garthvater111

Edit: I figured it out. Thanks for the help!

Basically, spotify is now a verified program on discord and i can no longer use it to make my discord say "playing x" when my pc is idle with no actual games open. I used spotify as i have it open when my pc starts and is literally always open.

Now this is no longer an option for me so what i want to do is make a program that literally does nothing other than i can have automatically open when my pc starts, and will automatically me minimized to the task tray so i never have to look at it or know it open, but will achieve my goal of having my custom playing message. 

Truthfully, with a game status such as that, im glad you cant get it to work. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

9 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

its been an ongoing meme between my friends and i. its a very long story, but basically my friends started calling me a pedophile after i made my steam profile look the way it does. i sorta one day just embraced their meme, and it has become an inside joke id rather not lose. https://steamcommunity.com/id/garthvater/

1 minute ago, garthvater111 said:

its been an ongoing meme between my friends and i. its a very long story, but basically my friends started calling me a pedophile after i made my steam profile look the way it does. i sorta one day just embraced their meme, and it has become an inside joke id rather not lose. https://steamcommunity.com/id/garthvater/

meme or not, that is NOT something you should embrace.... EVER. 

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

I might suggest that this is not the kind of reputation you want to have on the internet.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Skiiwee29 said:

meme or not, that is NOT something you should embrace.... EVER. 

I get not everyone has a sense of dark humor, but my friends and i do, and i use discord with my friends. its not like im running around saying sexual relationships with under age girls is remotely ok. there is nothing wrong with dark humor given the correct context. 

Not to mention, "playing with little girls" is by no means sexual unless you infer it to be. as far as you know i could be a father playing with little girls of my own. that is not sexual at all. but without looking for context you assume that it is sexual and is wrong. sure you assumed correctly in this case, but without context there is no way to know and given the contest of the joke, all be it dark, there is nothing wrong with it. im not endorsing pedophilia in any way, rather im poking fun at myself for an inside joke that has been long run within my group of friends. This is not a public facebook page where anyone could stumble across it and take offence, its on my discord which i use with my friends, who are in on the joke...

1 minute ago, garthvater111 said:

I get not everyone has a sense of dark humor, but my friends and i do, and i use discord with my friends. its not like im running around saying sexual relationships with under age girls is remotely ok. there is nothing wrong with dark humor given the correct context. 

Not to mention, "playing with little girls" is by no means sexual unless you infer it to be. as far as you know i could be a father playing with little girls of my own. that is not sexual at all. but without looking for context you assume that it is sexual and is wrong. sure you assumed correctly in this case, but without context there is no way to know and given the contest of the joke, all be it dark, there is nothing wrong with it. im not endorsing pedophilia in any way, rather im poking fun at myself for an inside joke that has been long run within my group of friends. This is not a public facebook page where anyone could stumble across it and take offence, its on my discord which i use with my friends, who are in on the joke...

Regardless, you just made it public by using it as your, i want this to do this, so I can have this.. you shone a light on yourself that you probably don't want, regardless of the context or not. Its a poor reflection and I can promise you that 99% of people will take it the EXACT same way I did.  

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Regardless, you just made it public by using it as your, i want this to do this, so I can have this.. you shone a light on yourself that you probably don't want, regardless of the context or not. Its a poor reflection and I can promise you that 99% of people will take it the EXACT same way I did.  

im sorry 99% of people are easily offended...

2 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Can confirm...

Just now, garthvater111 said:

im sorry 99% of people are easily offended...

And obviously not, because you don't seem to be even trying in the slightest not to offend them... I understand people being sensitive, but if it's a massive majority then it's probably best to keep it between your friends and not post about it on public forums. That'd be like me putting a school shooter joke in my signature, it would be highly offensive and not at all funny, even if I did enjoy them it'd be best to keep that fact among people with similar tastes.

Saying you're sorry that 99% of people are offended but then continuing to offend 99% of people when you have no real reason to do so is pretty dumb. I'd understand if it were a moral stance of some sort, but I think we can all agree that "playing with little girls" is not so, and is pretty awkwardly worded if you did mean it innocently. Can't always just take the actual words at face value, they may not technically in and of themselves be offensive, but humans work off context and a whole host of other things to make judgements of what someone really means, and you're missing a lot of those measures of your personality in text form. It's a lot easier for people to think you do mean it inappropriately and they'll hold that against you. Thus the rise of the trusty old /s and other means of assuring people it's all in fun. Though in this case I'd just avoid mentioning it altogether, that's not really a form of humor that many people appreciate.

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

2 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

Can confirm...

And obviously not, because you don't seem to be even trying in the slightest not to offend them... I understand people being sensitive, but if it's a massive majority then it's probably best to keep it between your friends and not post about it on public forums. That'd be like me putting a school shooter joke in my signature, it would be highly offensive and not at all funny, even if I did enjoy them it'd be best to keep that fact among people with similar tastes.

Saying you're sorry that 99% of people are offended but then continuing to offend 99% of people when you have no real reason to do so is pretty dumb. I'd understand if it were a moral stance of some sort, but I think we can all agree that "playing with little girls" is not so, and is pretty awkwardly worded if you did mean it innocently. Can't always just take the actual words at face value, they may not technically in and of themselves be offensive, but humans work off context and a whole host of other things to make judgements of what someone really means, and you're missing a lot of those measures of your personality in text form. It's a lot easier for people to think you do mean it inappropriately and they'll hold that against you. Thus the rise of the trusty old /s and other means of assuring people it's all in fun. Though in this case I'd just avoid mentioning it altogether, that's not really a form of humor that many people appreciate.

If someone happens to come across my dark humor, and are offended. I will explain it to them, and if they do not understand i will apologize. Not because im sorry i offended them, im just sorry they are easily offended. 

and if its any solace to manage to get the help i asked for to begin with, i did edit the original post for the 99%

1 hour ago, Skiiwee29 said:

What am I missing here?

Just now, imreloadin said:

What am I missing here?

OP already edited it out. Read other posts if you want to find out. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

OP already edited it out. Read other posts if you want to find out. 

Tried lol, everything is just referencing the original post and nobody actually quoted it. Not sure what everyone is going on about xD

Just now, imreloadin said:

Tried lol, everything is just referencing the original post and nobody actually quoted it. Not sure what everyone is going on about xD

its there. Just need to read. I promise its there. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig