Turning old pc into media box, but unsure on some stuff

Studio_Fan

So I have my former pc which i want to change up a bit to become a smaller pc that would become my home media system and serve as a 24/7 pc so it can run a few things on the side as well. It's using an Intel i5-4690k which fits a 1150 socket intel boards. And I currently have a normal ATX board from MSI but i want to change it into into a smaller sized board, like micro atx for example. But not spend more than 100 us dollars, and none really come off as bad nor do any come off that great. So I was hoping someone might be able to help point out something good to me, since i'm unsure. But i do wonder if it would it be better to just upgrade the case which is phantek case by simple giving it a few more fans, or would a new case just be smarter here. I ask because that'd save me some cash depending on what comes of the second question.

The second thing i'm wondering on is would there be a way to make the system pretty much all wireless, thus i could stick it somewhere and just connect it stuff. Because wireless keyboard, mouse and such not a problem. But wireless display connectors I know little about, nor does a quick search seem to tell me they are going to be cheap. I also don't know how good they actaully are, but the idea I do like. Since that will make it really easy to connect it to whatever i wana watch stuff on.

Now some extra stuff, i already have ram and pretty much everything but a graphic card for it (took it out an using it in current system). So i plan to get a cheap MSI GT 710 because that's good enough and i doubt would struggle with anything in regards to what i have planned. Wireless card i feel i don't have to over think, since i feel most will do just fine. Though i do wonder since everything i'm using is from late 2015, and has been constantly used (but not overcloaked or heavily worn) since than. Can i still expect a good amount of life from everything, since nothing will be heavily used even though always one? Or should i just sell it all off and well just go with new parts?

I would just improve the case cooling if necessary.

The machine could be controlled by another through the home network. There are phone/tablet apps available that can remote in to a pc through the home network.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.