L3 Switch recommendation?

Required

Hi

I need at least 3x Switch for my Home Network. Sure I know its not the Infrastructure I want have but yes...

So I need: ~8 Port, 1Gb/s (no 10G Wiring here), L3 I guess and the good old Vlan to keep the UPS,... separated from the User Network.

I did a short search on research on my IT Distributor and found an good "old" Netgear: GS110TP-200EUS

The have POE who I dont need that much. I have 2 PoE Switch at home for the IP Phones. So if there with and without are not that bad to keep the IP Phones separate from the other IP Traffic.

From AT. :x

Is this for a home business or something?  Almost all switches are L3 switches these days.  Except the absolute cheapest you can find at office depot or best buy.  But even Best buy and office depot have fairly inexpensive managed switches.  Im sitting right next to our network admin.  He says that most of them do just fine for home/small business use. Unless you need alot of PoE or on a network that requires 0 downtime.

I have Linksys LGS308P which I use for my security cameras.  Havent had an issue with at all.

12 minutes ago, evilmatchbox said:

Is this for a home business or something?

Home.

13 minutes ago, evilmatchbox said:

I have Linksys LGS308P

Here its not available (any more).

Are you opposed to a single, larger switch such as 24 ports?  Then you could just backplane everything.  Are you just looking for inter-VLAN routing performance?  If you're just segregating traffic flows you could save a bit rolling L2 and use a subinterface or dedicated separate interfaces on your routing appliance for each VLAN SVI/Gateway.

4 hours ago, evilmatchbox said:

Almost all switches are L3 switches these days.

I'd be very wary of giving that kind of advice.

PC : 3600 · Crosshair VI WiFi · 2x16GB RGB 3200 · 1080Ti SC2 · 1TB WD SN750 · EVGA 1600G2 · Define C 

Been very happy with my Cisco SG300-10, cheap and all the features you could want other than dynamic routing protocols (only static routes).

A L3 or Layer 3 switch refers to to a switch with routing capabilities. Most switches today do not route, a manged switch is not a L3 switch. Those truly Layer 3 switches are typically Enterprise or Carrier equipment. 

oke Routing I dont need it.

13 hours ago, leadeater said:

Been very happy with my Cisco SG300-10, cheap

Hmm its no avaiable anymore. The current model should be: CISCO SG350-10SFP 10 Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch and cost me ~230€ exclude Tax.

The netgear ~100€. Sure I dont war argue about the Quality between Netgear and Cisco.